New Storck Aernario Platinum?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

Supposedly it's the Top new frame in the latest Tour test.

Can someone post an English translation?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

Over 261 Views and no one knows a thing about the "The Best Frame in the World"

What's happened to this place? A few years ago the answer would be up here within minutes with complete English Translation of the German article.

It's on Storck's Website.

http://www.storck-bicycle.de/en/web0.asp?ID=1000

kgt

by kgt

First Storck frame I like. The fact a Storck frame wins the Tour test is almost a tradition.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

morrisond wrote:Over 261 Views and no one knows a thing about the "The Best Frame in the World"

What's happened to this place? A few years ago the answer would be up here within minutes with complete English Translation of the German article.

Maybe we've grown tired of the "Best Frame In the World" line from Storck and virtually all of the people that own them. It's almost like that douchebag who said "Most Tested Athlete in the World", "Never Tested Positive", and "Tested over 500 times" whatever the *f##k* his name is.

They are good frames, if they fit you. Storck's sizing has intention behind it, which is fine, but that intention does not translate well for a lot of people. For those that can use that geometry, congratulations!

They need better naming though. The -ario trope is a bit pedantic. Just like the marketing line.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

morrisond

by morrisond

It's not Storck saying that - it's Tour Magazine.

In all seriousness though I believe Markus Storck and Peter Denk (Fromerly Scott now Cannodale) are probably the two most talented Carbon Bike engineers in the World right now.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

prendrefeu wrote:...
They are good frames, if they fit you. Storck's sizing has intention behind it, which is fine, but that intention does not translate well for a lot of people. For those that can use that geometry, congratulations!

Exactly. And that's a big "if". When I personally questioned the distributor as to "what's behind the thinking of Storcks geometry", his first response was "we get that question a lot". I said I wasn't surprised after looking at the geometry charts, but asked again if he could explain the 'intent' behind it. All he could give me was "it's just one man's philosophy". Well, I said, if that's the only explanation you can give me I'll have to pass because I know the frame wouldn't fit me and it certainly wouldn't work for the guy I was looking into them for. Went with another brand entirely. No idea why Tour magazine likes to say "best in the world" about anything really. Lessens credibility in my opinion. But if it works for you, great.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

cerro

by cerro

Oh, looks nice on kgt's picture, or s-tecs. Except that the fork looks a bit cheap.

marcob

by marcob

Not a real aero roadbike, the storck aernario had the worst aerodynamics and was tested less aero then a standard canyon F8.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Storck and to an extent, Cannondale designed their bikes for the Tour test specifically. I believe quite a few other manufacturers disagree on what makes a bike great in the real world and have their own tests. That Storck looks odd, and it DEFINITELY has poor aero. Look at that huge headtube/downtube/fork gap. Just ridiculous

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I think their test standards are pretty good. the only one I dont line up with at times is the comfort score...

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

morrisond wrote:In all seriousness though I believe Markus Storck and Peter Denk (Fromerly Scott now Cannodale) are probably the two most talented Carbon Bike engineers in the World right now.

Interesting statement......based on?

I'm a fan of the older Storcks incidentally, not had chance to ride the newer ones though.

konky

by konky

prendrefeu wrote:
morrisond wrote:Over 261 Views and no one knows a thing about the "The Best Frame in the World"

Maybe we've grown tired of the "Best Frame In the World" line from Storck and virtually all of the people that own them. It's almost like that douchebag who said "Most Tested Athlete in the World", "Never Tested Positive", and "Tested over 500 times" whatever the *f##k* his name is.

They need better naming though. The -ario trope is a bit pedantic. Just like the marketing line.

Tour mag rank Storck frames so well because they do a lot of very rigorous tests to establish it. You can hardly blame a manufaturer for wanting to tell the world that his bike has been voted no. 1 in an important publication, can you, who wouldn't? I think we are all a bit tired of hearing brainless comments from people like prendredreu. prendredeu make your stupid comments if you have to but don't be so effing rude in the process.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

I think we are all a bit tired of hearing brainless comments from people like prendredreu. prendredeu make your stupid comments if you have to but don't be so effing rude in the process.

I'll gladly make another stupid comment by stating that Prendrefeu is absolutely on the money when he says that that bike's geometry is not for everyone.
As a matter of fact I think it'll take a very well trained "Pro" to keep it moving.

That said, Storck is not the only (German) company moving in that direction and sure, they all make very nice frames indeed. Too bad it takes the likes of Martin, Degenkolb or Cancellara to ride them....

Anyhow, nothing wrong with having more to choose from, right?

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Konky.

First, spell the name right. I don't misspell your username.

Second, read carefully.

Third, how was my comment rude?
I stated that the bikes are great - and they are.
I stated that the geometry is unique - and it is. It does not fit everyone.
I stated that they really repeat, ad nausea, the same line, as do their owners. How is that rude? It's just a statement that is pointing at a reality that does exist. Heck, even you've stated that your frame is the best in the world. Perhaps it is? That's up to you and good for you. If you enjoy riding it, which you do, then love it. What the heck does it matter if someone else disagrees that your bike is the best in the world? It's your bike. *f##k* ride it. Not everyone has to like everything you do, and really, when has it ever mattered what another person's opinion of your bike is? Do you really need validation from other people on your material possessions in order to enjoy riding your bike? :noidea: I hope not.

Did I question the Tour testing? No, I did not.

Do I think that Tour's tests indicate the 'best in the world' ? No I do not. The "best in the world" is really subjective. Especially considering the "comfort" rankings that Tour applies numbers to. I do not believe that comfort can be quantified. Sure deflection can be measured. Road buzz can be measured. Does that equate to a universal "comfort" that will be reported at the same rate between all persons? No, it does not. It may never.

Fourth: "another heartless brainless comment" ? Let's go back to that thread over in CycleChat where you got some sound advice from yours truly that you should really wash those bibs and chamois after each ride rather than risk infection or some bacterial growth in one of your most sensitive parts of your body. You're welcome for that. But, I suppose, that was just another "heartless brainless comment" in your mind.

I'm paying attention. I'm reading carefully. Are you?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

it looks nice for sure huge improvement on aesthetics.
I never understood the fanfare around Storck as their shapes were pretty dated in my view.
It also really bothers me when people start talking about so and so being the most talented engineer etc. and such and such bike is far superior.... These bikes are made by carbotec (which is fine) not carbon fiber elves in narnia.

So we can measure aerodynamic drag which is great. How about power transfer or lost efficiency through frame flex etc? I know A2J has looked at this kind of analysis but can someone point all of us towards a baseline of what 'engineering' makes a bike go faster? I sorry but 99% of the reviews I read are so subjective it's hard to believe in the evaluation. And the bullshit marketing jargon is annoying.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com