Tubeless Sealant....What's your story.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I have used Stan's on road tubulars a couple of times and it always did its job and kept me riding the same tires for the rest of the tire life and thousands of miles.

hotshod

by hotshod

Been looking at the various replys and it appears that if you want to extend the refill period and still have good protection that a mix of something and Stans is the go..... be it Bonty SJ or Slime Pro or "something".

On the weekend I went into LBS that is the TREK/Bonty dealer and he doesn't stock SJ. In fact he bagged it and said it was Stans rebadged, .... now you and I know that's not right. Same shop said as of next week he would have Joe's Sealant, but not the Road Race version. ( that is supposed to be good for higher pressures ).

So I'm wondering if there is any support out there for Joe's Sealant products......

Whatever I decide on I will probably still mix it with some of Stan's as I have had a great run with it so far ....... 10,450k without a problem or puncture.

Cheers from OZ
All this from an old bloke who wishes he was faster and could climb better...... enjoy the ride!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Getter

by Getter

Bumping an old thread.

Anybody have their Stan's fluid turn into a clear yellowish fluid? My GF's tire got a puncture last week and thats what the tire was spraying out. All of it sprayed out and the tire did not seal. I added some fresh Stan's and the tire eventually sealed.

Seems like the fluid and the sealing particles separated? Is this preventable? This was on a mountain bike running a Specialized Fast Trak Control tire.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Yeah, sealant will dry up over time. Stans recommends refilling the tires every 3 months to keep the brew fresh. Personally, I like a homebrew sealant mix I use (2/1 Stans-to-Slime) on my road bikes. Straight Stans is fine on mountain bikes, because of the lower pressures, but road bikes need more material suspended in the solution. In my experience, with this brew, I can maintain 65psi, unless it's a LARGE cut, in which case, all bets are off.