Superfeet yellow opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MaxDaddy

by MaxDaddy

Anybody try them yet? Feedback would be appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

renoracing

by renoracing

I was looking at the Superfeet insoles and the Specialized Body Geometry Footbeds. I ended up going with the Specialized BG insoles. I ordered the Blue ones right off of Specialized's website and they were shipped to me in only 2 days from one of their stocking shops. I've only had a chance to use them on the trainer, as there's been snow on the ground outside, but they fit great in my Mavic shoes, and so far feel really nice. I'm planning on playing around with the shims that they include, as the ball of my left foot tends to get a "hot spot". But for now, I just slid them in and already they are more comfortable than the standard insoles I was using.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I haven't used the Yellows, but I'm sold on the blue versions. I had them in my RS-300 shoes as the original sole didn't give me much support. The superfeet quickly took away all of my shoe related problems. Right now I use black insoles in my day to day shoes, blue in my walking boots and green in the mountaineering shoes.
Be aware that they are trim to fit. you buy them focusing at the width of the heel cup, not taking into account your shoe size.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

MaxDaddy

by MaxDaddy

I haven't tried the blues. Been wearing the green in my running shoes for a few years now.

I just got a new pair of Sidi Genius 6.6 and there's a ridge about halfway down the outside edge of the foot that is giving me some trouble. I'm thinking maybe some Superfeet with the hard plastic footbed would minimize it.

Saw the Yellow and thought I might give them a try.

I do credit the green with saving my ankle and allowing me to run again. I was in bad shape after surgery and had to shut it down for a year or so. I had tried the Superfeet before but didn't like them. Put them in on a whim and after a few months I was running again. Couldn't get used to custom orthotics.

I've got a wide foot so finding shoes is an issue. The Sidi Megas are one of a few that could work. So I need to try to figure it out. Or go back to a tri specific shoe I'd been wearing.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

I've got the yellows in my road shoes, the blacks in my CX shoes and the white merinos in my winter commuters. Not a very big difference between the different colors IMO. A lot better than stock Sidi though.

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Used the Superfeet yellow ones in my Sidi 6.6s after the stock insoles were worn out (after 2 years of riding). Didn't notice a lot of difference though to be honest.
I much prefer the Giro SuperNatural Fit Kit that I'm using now (in a pair of Giro Factors)

Rick

by Rick

I've used the Green and black and tried te Yellow in the store.
They are OK, but the arch is not nearly as high as the Specialized Blue or Green. I use the Spec. green (the highest).

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Tried green in my Sidi's and they're just too big in the heel...the plastic support is too bulky for my shoes...

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

HakeemT wrote:Used the Superfeet yellow ones in my Sidi 6.6s after the stock insoles were worn out (after 2 years of riding). Didn't notice a lot of difference though to be honest.
I much prefer the Giro SuperNatural Fit Kit that I'm using now (in a pair of Giro Factors)

Have you tried the Giro footbeds in an other brand of shoe and if so what do you think of them?

Sorry about the OT, guys.

TIA, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

HakeemT

by HakeemT

I've tried those in my Sidi's as well.
To me it felt like the arch support ended up being more pronounced and slightly forward (i.e. more towards the ball of the foot) in the Sidi compared to the Giro. FYI I'm running 46 in Sidi and 45.5 in Giro, perhaps that has something to do with it.

mrfish

by mrfish

I used the Specialized blue footbeds in Shimano and Mavic shoes and tried them with everyday shoes, but they were a bit thick with shims underneath as well and the arch support was a touch too high, so I tried the Giro supernaturals.

I use the medium arch insert in the supernatural insole, which is touch less height than the Specialized blue. Compared with the blues the main difference is that the insole is thinner, so they give a bit more toe room if you ride with wedges. Size wise the 43 Giro = 43 Specialized = 43 Shimano. Currently I'm trying the Giros in my Nordica Speedmachine ski boots and they work fine there too. I was tempted to get some Sidas custom insoles, but that can wait as these are good enough.

spytech

by spytech

HakeemT wrote:I've tried those in my Sidi's as well.
To me it felt like the arch support ended up being more pronounced and slightly forward (i.e. more towards the ball of the foot) in the Sidi compared to the Giro. FYI I'm running 46 in Sidi and 45.5 in Giro, perhaps that has something to do with it.

this has been my same experience with yellow and sidi's. :thumbup:

creates a hot spot for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com