Coda hubs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skiezo

by skiezo

I picked up a rear wheel the other day on CL. It is a areohead rim laced to a coda hub.
It is pretty heavy @ 1000 grams due to the straight gauge spokes and steel nipples.
I am thinking about getting it rebuilt with butted spokes and alloy nipples.
Is the Coda hub any good? I only paid $10 for the wheel and I need a Shimano based wheel anyhow.
Brian

mattydubs

by mattydubs

skiezo wrote:I picked up a rear wheel the other day on CL. It is a areohead rim laced to a coda hub.
It is pretty heavy @ 1000 grams due to the straight gauge spokes and steel nipples.
I am thinking about getting it rebuilt with butted spokes and alloy nipples.
Is the Coda hub any good? I only paid $10 for the wheel and I need a Shimano based wheel anyhow.
Brian

I was more into MTB at the time, but Coda was Cannondale's house brand in the late 90s. I think they quit stamping stuff with that label but you can still find bits and bobs for very low prices. I would guess they are a bit heavy. Some of them were made for Cannondale by DT and some Sachs, others... I don't know. It's probably fine, though if it's as old as I suspect, I'd replace the bearings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boolinwall

by boolinwall

I was a Cannondale dealer during the Coda era. Quite well done for the time. The DT ones are obviously DT and even say so right on them. The other ones are not. Just a word of advice. Don't get them wet. The seals are awful. Outside of that one issue, they should hold up well.