Toe Overlap on a Venge

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Putricaina wrote:Anyone who thinks first of all that toe overlap is critical, especially for a sprinter doesnt know what theyre talking about. .

We're not saying that. But what is critical is that some top pro doesn't topple off and dislocate his shoulder while making his way from the team bus to signing on.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hi Guys. Sorry to crash the party with a slightly OT problem, but I have a dilemma and it's partly toe overlap related.

So I signed up for a Cannondale Evo Nano frameset in October last year, to replace my WW Addict which died. Originally due in December, then February and now they are saying April (for a 56, but a month sooner (March) for a 54) by the time it gets down under. My Addict was a 56 but I test road an Evo 54 and loved it... apart from the toe overlap. Meantime, while I've been waiting, I've been riding a Wilier Zero.7 in "large" - it's more like a 54 than a 56, so has overlap too.

I do track stand at most traffic lights. But I loved the way the demo 54 Evo handled, particularly on fast downhills.

So to my dilemma - do I get a 54 Nano which will be a month earlier and handle like the demo I liked so much or do I wait another month till April (or later who knows) for a 56 and have no toe overlap but I'm not sure whether it will handle quite like the 54?

Will the 56 handle much different from the demo 54? Size different but also not necessarily the same because I'm waiting on a Nano whereas the demo was a straight Evo.

Thanks in advance!

GJ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

The best way for you to find out is to go ride a 56 evo yourself. Many people here can tell you their perspective on it, but when it comes down to it you are the best judge on this matter.

Valy

by Valy

wtf internets

godallthatishollysweetmarymothercarbonfiberstackheightcompliance... :doh:

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Yep, would like to test an Evo 56, but no such demo bike exists here in NZ. We have a primo country, but being on the far side of the world from anywhere with a population of only 4M has its disadvantages.