Road bike front brake shuddering

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Endoism

by Endoism

wassertreter wrote:Agreed regarding the AC420s, but there are lots of interesting (wider) alternatives these days.

Like HED H2s and A23s?

Endoism

by Endoism

**situation update**
I swapped out the Kool Stopblack brake pads and used Salmon ones - the difference it made to the br are pulsing was very noticeable! While the pulsing hasn't been eradicated entirely, it has gone a long way in muting the symptoms. It's the best $10 I've spent on my bike for a long while!

Thanks again to all that replied with advice and helpful suggestions - it's all very much appreciated and had perhaps saved me the cost of rebuilding my front wheel or getting a sexy sexy ENVE carbon fork :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Endoism

by Endoism

nathanong87 wrote:u tried ur wife's wheel on ur bike

try your wheel on her bike

wow, sorry for the thread grave dig.

I did try the wheel on my wife's Trek carbon fork with alu steerer) and it still does shudder, but a lot less.

I've also tried a Dura Ace C24 wheel and that brakes perfectly... Looks like it's totally the rim's fault..

kman

by kman

Not sure if this was suggested if not but have you tried adding some (or increasing) toe-in on the brake pads?
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

Rick

by Rick

Endoism wrote:**situation update**
.... the pulsing hasn't been eradicated entirely,....

Headset preload.