carbon road frame custom paint shop in the uk?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

phatphuk

by phatphuk

[quote="andyindo"]+1 on both Stephen and Shelbyart...

cheers all who replied. a special thanks to stephen@fiber-lyte for turning me on to shelbyart! we talked today & he accepted my project! i'm so stoked! my frame is on its way to him. it'll take about 10 days to ship from china straight to shelbyart. then he reckons it will be approx 3 weeks from when he receives the frame, to delivery to me.

i also got a reply back from altamura. so props to Beancouter for that. they sent me some very outstanding samples of their work. they have a quicker turn around time because they're a bigger shop (3 branches). but i'd already sealed the deal with shelbyart.

the members on this forum ROCK! thanks again you guys!

mattythemod

by mattythemod

Have been reading this thread with interest as i am also considering buying a Carbon CycloCross frame from China and having it painted here in the uk .

OP did you ever get this done ?

I see Engima cyles now have a paint shop anyone had there carbon bike painted up by them ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I had a Chinese cx resprayed by ooey custom paint - they are absolute genius! Check out their Facebook page for some of their work. Really nice guys too. More pictures on my other thread. Image

mattythemod

by mattythemod

Wow thnks for the heads up ..will check them out ....good choice of colour .

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Just reserecting this thread^

I'm currently looking at Ooey Custom and Addicted Bikes for a carbon frame and colour matching seatpost & cockpit.

Does anyone have any experience with them and longer term reviews?

Main thing i was looking to do was keep the weight down and ensure the finish is as hard as a factory finish.

Thanks!

BigDog

by BigDog

Can't speak for those two but Cole Coatings are great people and their work is superb!

Guevarca

by Guevarca

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:54 pm

I'm currently looking at Ooey Custom and Addicted Bikes for a carbon frame and colour matching seatpost & cockpit.

Main thing i was looking to do was keep the weight down and ensure the finish is as hard as a factory finish.

Thanks!
I have had my Ridley Helium resprayed by Dave at Addicted and have recommended him to a few friends too as it was a great job.
Really good to deal with and does a really nice finish and at a reasonable price too, I would certainly use him again.
Also recommend Donna at DH Airbrush in the NEast as she also does very good, well priced resprays.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Guevarca wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:29 am
Bobbyc123 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:54 pm

Thanks!
I have had my Ridley Helium resprayed by Dave at Addicted and have recommended him to a few friends too as it was a great job.
Really good to deal with and does a really nice finish and at a reasonable price too, I would certainly use him again.
Also recommend Donna at DH Airbrush in the NEast as she also does very good, well priced resprays.
Great to have a review for Addicted. May i ask how long ago you had your bike done, and how the finish is holding up now?

What kind of costs were you looking at?

Guevarca

by Guevarca

Just over a year ago and still looks great with its new owner. Pricing around £500 I think from memory
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUIpC-7M9DH ... JmNzVkMjY=