Rotor Power Crankset with Sram Yaw Chainrings?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trtimothy

by trtimothy

Hi,

Any advice would be appreciated. Basically I want to use a Rotor Power 3d+ Crankset (with the Micro Adjust Spider) and the new SRAM Red Yaw Chainrings.

From what I understand I would need the SRAM Red non-hidden bolt chainrings as these just work with 5 bolt cranksets (not the new exogram one).

If anyone could tell me if this is possible I would greatly appreciate it, I can't find any info on using non-Rotor chainrings on their Micro Adjust Spider setup.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petromyzon

by petromyzon

I'm afraid I can't answer your question but have you actually got a Rotor Power yet? If so - photos pls:)

trtimothy

by trtimothy

Not yet, was just about to order one. (They're out in February). They have the same chainring mount as the rotor flow though if that helps anyone.

upside

by upside

You shouldn't have an issue.. it's just another front derailleur.

trtimothy

by trtimothy

Sorry if I wasn't clear...question is can SRAM yaw chainrings be fitted to a Rotor power crankset with the micro-adjust spider.

Not if a sram derailleur will work with rotor chainrings.

upside

by upside

Boy, I would give Rotor a call. They are pretty good with customer service and have a lot of qualified guy's on hand to answer any question.

boots2000

by boots2000

Just get Praxis rings and call it good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

refthimos

by refthimos

upside wrote:Boy, I would give Rotor a call. They are pretty good with customer service and have a lot of qualified guy's on hand to answer any question.

This. I have ordered 4 different sets up Q-Rings from Rotor USA over the phone and they always seem to pick up the phone before the phone has rang twice. They are in Boulder so no worries about any language barriers. Give them a call.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast