KMC X11SL Chains (11-speed) - seen one?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

richard@lbrc.org

by richard@lbrc.org

Has anyone seen one of these KMC 11-speed chains in the wild?
R.

from http://www.bike-eu.com/products/3400/kmc-11-speed-chain.html

KMC 11-Speed Chain

After the introduction of the Campagnolo 11-speed drive train, it didn't take long for Taiwanese chain maker KMC to come up with a suitable chain. In Taipei KMC showed its new X11SL 11-speed model including the latest technologies known from the X10SL.

For example, the extra ‘StretchProof’ hollow pin, the double X Bridge shape, the double X Durability and the weight and chainsuck reduction. The X11SL is available in gold and silver colours. In line with the current trend, KMC was also presenting a whole new series of coloured chains, in addition to the gold and silver which have been made by KMC for several years.

The Nano Polish and the Color Series are the two product lines available in nearly any colour or combinations of colour you can imagine. Initially only for fixed gear bikes, these coloured chains look very nice in the showroom and the shop-window making a great sales point for bikes in specific segments.
[url][/url]

Cyclist in the Sun

by Cyclist in the Sun

Last time I asked KMC USA (Continental Chain Co), they told me it wasn't available yet.
A day isn't the same when I don't ride.

I work in the bicycle industry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/productde ... 0000000000

Nothing on KMC's website, can't find anything about anyone actually having one yet, but I did read somewhere that KMC said something about summer 2009 release, and summer only has 10 days left. So anyone hear anything new about this chain?

I wouldn't mind a cheaper to install chain for my incoming Chorus 11s. Of course maybe one of the shops here actually has the 11s chain tool and I can use theirs. For some reason though I don't think they will...
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I had the proto's...

It functions as well for 11 as their 10 speed stuff does (which is pretty dang good).

And they work with stock and aftermarket der's...

They should be available almost any time now. In fact I think there are batches out now.

mr_tim

by mr_tim

Anyone actually seen these out there yet?

They're listed with UK retailers but still 'out of stock'

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

They are still not available. I'm told by Kmc that it will probably be sept of this year.
Last edited by madcow on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveS

by DaveS

Must be harder to make than most people realize.

chrism

by chrism

"Most people" presumably includes the marketing folks at KMC?

I suppose that given my decision I wasn't going to 11 until I could get a chain I didn't need a special tool for, it is at least helping my cashflow!
No scales on the trails

jacks1071

by jacks1071

madcow wrote:They are still not available. I'm told by Kmc that it will probably be sept of this year.

Could you run one of these on a 10sp drive train to help reduce chain ring rub when going from small ring to small gears on cassette?

I have this problem since changing to SRAM cranks - the chain actually is rubbing on the big ring.

I'm about to space out the BB to solve the issue but if a thinner chain would work that maybe an easier option?

Steve P

by Steve P

KMC Tell me they should be available around June July. I dont think any countries will get them earleir than others.

DaveS

by DaveS

chrism wrote:"Most people" presumably includes the marketing folks at KMC?

I suppose that given my decision I wasn't going to 11 until I could get a chain I didn't need a special tool for, it is at least helping my cashflow!

Park makes a pin flaring tool for only $40. I've used the KMC missing link made for the Campy 5.9mm chain and other have successfuly used a SRAM 10 powerloc.

samlu4

by samlu4

Expect to get the first lot next week!~ Keep you guyz update~!

Presta

by Presta

Any idea what the price will be?
Last edited by Frankie - B on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: snipped the quote.

Szczuldo

by Szczuldo

I'd like to know that information as well. Good to see that these might be coming out soon, lets hope they don't cost a lot though, otherwise might as well use campy chains and the overpriced 11 speed link.
My Lynskey R420 with Chorus 11

If you are interested in a Weight Weenies kit I no longer know what you should do.

Danton

by Danton

Just to be able to remove the chain would be nice, it is good for cleaning and rinsing when you can remove the chain from the frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com