Chassing a "stealth" seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

michel2

by michel2

I just bolted on a black stem and bar on my bike and the all black look works for it !(; now im chassing a black lightweight seatpost im contamplating getting a superlogic and scratch the name of,..
Is there anybody out there making a stealth or all black leightweight seatpost that has roughly 25 mm setback ?
Thanks mick

lo5707

by lo5707

As you have suggested, find the right carbon seatpost for you - ideally one with minimal graphics and the corresponding carbon weave pattern to your other black components then sand the whole post to get that 'stealth' matt black look. Take it to an auto body repair shop for a quick and easy solution for them to spray it with clear coat again if you would prefer it back to gloss once you have removed the graphics.

I have used similar processes (both sanding and using a blade) in my 'Stealth' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

Dorico Team Stealth.

1415chris

by 1415chris

But Dorico isn't by any means a light post. My ltd 27.2x350 187g!
Superlogic seems to be a good choice, especially if you are after black UD finish. The good thing about Ritchey is the graphics are painted on top of the coat and are very easy to remove.
At least the components I had in my hands.

1spd

by 1spd

What size post are you looking for? Unfortunately, a set back post isn't going to be as light as a zero offset. I recently picked up my Hylix carbon zero offset for $70 off ebay. It is a 27.2x400. After trimming it down in length and sanding off the graphics (sorry just did the graphic sanding last night and don't have a picture-but have included on prior to it) the weight came in at 131g. None the less, I know you need a setback but you can find quite a bit on the bay. Ritchey posts are pretty nice though.

rsz_1dsc_0910[1] (2).jpg
Attachments
Carbon Saddle and post.jpg
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

MaxDaddy

by MaxDaddy

lo5707 wrote:As you have suggested, find the right carbon seatpost for you - ideally one with minimal graphics and the corresponding carbon weave pattern to your other black components then sand the whole post to get that 'stealth' matt black look. Take it to an auto body repair shop for a quick and easy solution for them to spray it with clear coat again if you would prefer it back to gloss once you have removed the graphics.

I have used similar processes (both sanding and using a blade) in my 'Stealth' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's pretty much it. I had the graphics removed from an FSA K Force Light seat post and then painted gloss. Matte is hard to get right. Did the same for the stem and the bars.

Local guy did it all for 50 bucks. Guys in auto body repair shops are usually up for making some easy money on the side.

split

by split

I was after the same thing, matte black post to go with the new Ritchey C260 superlogic stem. BUT the matte superlogic seatpost won't be available in the US until Feb 2013 per Ritchey.

I'm going with an Easton EC70 post with new black graphics and replacing the top clamp with yokes. It'll be lighter than the EC90 :mrgreen: The EC90 and EC70 share the same post.
S P L I T: 2010 Meivici: 14.4 lbs | 2003 Odile: 19 lbs | Hunter Cycles Cyclocross: 17 lbs | 2013 Dundee Cycles Jewell 29er: 17 lbs

lechat

by lechat

$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFynBQu0pYYecw~~60_1.JPG
$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseFynBQu0pYYecw~~60_1.JPG (10.63 KiB) Viewed 2122 times

155gms @ $90. Could easily sand off what little paint is on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

You didn't mention a budget so assuming that doesn't matter the Mcfk would be my recommendation. It comes with just a single pair of stickers which peel off without a problem. As for weight there isn't much in it's class in terms of setback posts. There is also a consideration for the weight of the rider with the Mcfk.