integrated stem / handlebar weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

split

by split

Anyone know the approximate weight of Shimano's PRO Stealth EVO stem/bar combo? I've read anywhere from 350-450 grams? My current stem (3T team, 120) and bar (Easton EC90 SLX, 42) combo weighs 355g, soooooo changing it would only be for comfort and asthetics, but not if it's closer to 450g.

I've checked the listings but it doesn't seem like they've been updated for years. Anyone else have confirmed weights for any integrated stem/bar combo?

Dare I ask: what's the lighest?
S P L I T: 2010 Meivici: 14.4 lbs | 2003 Odile: 19 lbs | Hunter Cycles Cyclocross: 17 lbs | 2013 Dundee Cycles Jewell 29er: 17 lbs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I currently use a set of FSA plasma compact 110 x42 they weigh in at 395g I just ordered a set of the new Deda Alanera and once they get here I will post the weight.

I am more then happy to pay the 40-60 gram weight penalty for the stiffness and ride quality gained

roca rule

by roca rule

Ride quality will not change, if anything they would be a but harsher and slightly stiffer. You will also lose the ability to tweak positions.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

bigskyTi
in the industry

by bigskyTi

I looked for years for a nice light integrated bar and stem combo and eventually gave up. Seems that most if not all of them are significantly heavier than a good Al stem carbon bar combo.

JensW

by JensW

split wrote:Anyone know the approximate weight of Shimano's PRO Stealth EVO stem/bar combo? I've read anywhere from 350-450 grams? My current stem (3T team, 120) and bar (Easton EC90 SLX, 42) combo weighs 355g, soooooo changing it would only be for comfort and asthetics, but not if it's closer to 450g.

I've checked the listings but it doesn't seem like they've been updated for years. Anyone else have confirmed weights for any integrated stem/bar combo?

my Pro stealth evo 420x130 is 375 grams if i remember right. as i se it, you don´t buy a handlebar/stem combo for gaining any wights. for me it was the ascetic and that it feels stiffer

Frankie13

by Frankie13

JensW wrote:
split wrote:Anyone know the approximate weight of Shimano's PRO Stealth EVO stem/bar combo? I've read anywhere from 350-450 grams? My current stem (3T team, 120) and bar (Easton EC90 SLX, 42) combo weighs 355g, soooooo changing it would only be for comfort and asthetics, but not if it's closer to 450g.

my Pro stealth evo 420x130 is 375 grams if i remember right. as i se it, you don´t buy a handlebar/stem combo for gaining any wights. for me it was the ascetic and that it feels stiffer

Same here, the aesthetic was the main reason and then that I like the compact shape (drop/reach) of my Talon Most handlebar.
Attachments
photo.JPG

elviento

by elviento

Yes. Most of them are in the 400g range or slightly under, no matter what they advertise. It's possible to make them really light but only striking enough appearance can commercially make it possble to offset the lack of adjustability and higher cost of carrying them by bike shops.

bigskyTi wrote:I looked for years for a nice light integrated bar and stem combo and eventually gave up. Seems that most if not all of them are significantly heavier than a good Al stem carbon bar combo.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

Bregne

by Bregne

What about the new Ritchey MonoCurve??

http://ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=472278

At least it looks awesome!

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I bought a white 42/110 and it weights in 424g with all 4 bolts, 415g with the 2 computer mount bolts removed.
I know white is heavier because of paint but I have seen black weight listed sub 400g and for larger sizes too.
So does it seem to be in the ballpark for white?

Mine has one large cover to run the cables on the bottom, where I have seen other pictures with 2 tubes on each side, which version is newer and which one is more Di2 friendly?

Also I have seen the pro site now claims 410g although the box on mine says 350g.

JensW

by JensW

PoorCyclist wrote:I bought a white 42/110 and it weights in 424g with all 4 bolts, 415g with the 2 computer mount bolts removed.
I know white is heavier because of paint but I have seen black weight listed sub 400g and for larger sizes too.
So does it seem to be in the ballpark for white?

Mine has one large cover to run the cables on the bottom, where I have seen other pictures with 2 tubes on each side, which version is newer and which one is more Di2 friendly?

Also I have seen the pro site now claims 410g although the box on mine says 350g.

the one with 2 tubes under, are the "old" version, the first version, the one with one "big" is the newer design, and i would goes that the "newer" version is better for di2

split

by split

Stumbled upon this picture...

older version, 440/110

http://bikescale.com/index.php?d=artykul&kat=46&mar=44&art=2324, nice site for weight weenies!
S P L I T: 2010 Meivici: 14.4 lbs | 2003 Odile: 19 lbs | Hunter Cycles Cyclocross: 17 lbs | 2013 Dundee Cycles Jewell 29er: 17 lbs

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

My new Deda Alernera bar/stem came today

bar/stem with SS screws 394 grams

computer mount with screws 54 grams

BunnV

by BunnV

Ebay carbon from Taiwan branded "Climax" 347 grams.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

BunnV wrote:Ebay carbon from Taiwan branded "Climax" 347 grams.

That actually look pretty nice.. I see it seems heavily "inspired" by the PRO stealth Evo :mrgreen: