Deda Vincente Carbon stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tabmaster

by tabmaster

As some of you may have read in my Colnago C59 thread, I'm making decisions about the kit to put on it. With regards to the stem:

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

That ring is clamp not a top cap. Maybe it can do both but I do not think there is a seal on that ring. Different headtubes have different diameter. Deda do not know which frame it will be used on.

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Ooh, thanks :-) Its to go on a C59, exactly as above although as you point out, deda wouldn't know that. I can't see how it would fit on top though?

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

That clamp looks to be part of the display only. It looks to me like it is holding the foe steerer tube. The Colnago headset that is supplied with the C 59 has two top caps, one that is flat and a second one that stacks on top of it that has the cone shape. You can choose to not use the tapered cone for a really slammed set up.

tabmaster

by tabmaster

mvacolnago wrote:That clamp looks to be part of the display only. It looks to me like it is holding the foe steerer tube.

I was discussing this with a friend and that's what he thought. I looked in the instructions which are available online and they point to the contrary.
Here's the link to the PDF. http://www.attaccovincente.com/download/vincente.pdf

Paul.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

"1 Calculate the proper height for the positioning of the stem on the fork steerer tube, pushing the stem shaft against the compression ring of the headset."
-from the instructions.
So you leave the top cover off, the clamp replaces it.
The top cover does not have to match the outer diameter of the head tube to look good. It just shouldn't overhang it. As far as sealing, most do not employ a rubber seal, some do, but it is generally a non-issue.

tabmaster

by tabmaster

thisisatest wrote:So you leave the top cover off, the clamp replaces it.

That's how I'd interpreted the instructions, so it's not just me.

The upper headset bearing appears to have a seal in it (the blue ring). I'll have to email the appropriate people and ask them to check the dimensions.

Interestingly, I can see a semi custom paint job coming on the stem, to match the seat post ;-)
How cool would that be!!!? If I do a good enough job on it, maybe Ernesto will give me a job!

Paul.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

elviento

by elviento

Interesting paintjob. I'd love to see a fully built bike!

Re the clamp, upon a quick glance, I suspect the clamp is quite a bit smaller than the cone spacer on the Nag. Not sure if the rubber seal can cover that much space.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

eurperg

by eurperg

If Deda drawings are correct, the clamp outer diameter is 43 mm. C59 headset top cap diameter is 53mm, so it's going to look like crap.

bura

by bura

eurperg wrote:If Deda drawings are correct, the clamp outer diameter is 43 mm. C59 headset top cap diameter is 53mm, so it's going to look like crap.

+1.
Deda should have done the job with some other spacers/clamps .Possible conical clamps.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

tabmaster

by tabmaster

With those last two responses, I can only utter one of two things:
Deda Zero One; or Deda Superleggera. I'm not sure which. Marginal weight saving with the Superleggera but it is twice the price of the Zero 100. Thoughts?

Paul.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com