Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:25 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 pm 

I quick write up on what I think will be my new favorite brake shoe. A set of 4 with cork pads weighs 41 grams. I took the little wings off with a dremel, I just don’t like the looks. I like the little screw that keeps the pad secure and I like how they tighten up. They weighed 6 grams each before my dremel work.

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 pm 

I have tuned my KCNC pads . I cut off the little triangle bit and sanded them down a bit .
They are just over 6grms a pad before being tuned , so I would imagine they are at least 6grms or under as that triangle is quite hefty . No close up pics but you can see them on my Trek in the gallery.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:32 am 

Considered taking those triangles off my KCNCs too. After all these years, I don't even know what that triangle is for? :noidea: Feel quite silly really.

Anyway, nice brake shoes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 am 

They are meant to be sort of a guide for the wheel should you have to change it in a hurry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:18 pm 

sedluk wrote:
I quick write up on what I think will be my new favorite brake shoe. A set of 4 with cork pads weighs 41 grams. I took the little wings off with a dremel, I just don’t like the looks. I like the little screw that keeps the pad secure and I like how they tighten up. They weighed 6 grams each before my dremel work.

It was exactly my idea to upgrade my brakes
do you have pics after your work and weight now ?