The TriRig Mercury Pedal - just 71 grams per pair.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

djconnel wrote:I like the lateral adjustment: this is what concerns me about Ultralight Sports.

There's really not that much lateral adjustment. Definitely less than the exustar cleats I was using.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TriRig

by TriRig

Well, less lateral adjustment in the cleat -- but when you add in the lateral adjustment afforded by 9mm of pedal spacers, the Mercury has much MORE.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

TriRig wrote:Well, less lateral adjustment in the cleat -- but when you add in the lateral adjustment afforded by 9mm of pedal spacers, the Mercury has much MORE.

this is true!
Speedplay is the devil!

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hi.

Anyone got some first hand, real world experience with these yet? Especially compared to Aerolites?

TriRig

by TriRig

Well, I do! But I suppose you meant someone ELSE. :D

We kept the first batch fairly small, so not a whole lot of people even own these. Also, we decided to make a slight hardware revision to improve overall durability. Namely, the outer flanges of the nylon bearings are being replaced with metal in order to be impervious to user error. We're currently in the process of getting new hardware out to our first-batch customers (we are retro-fitting every pedal sold for free), and then we'll open these up for wider sale once that's done.

So ultimately, it may still be a little while before you hear some third-party impressions.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

TriRig wrote:the outer flanges of the nylon bearings are being replaced with metal in order to be impervious to user error.
Does the thread now need to be renamed to "just 72 grams per pair", "just 73 grams per pair", or horrors, even higher?

BmanX

by BmanX

Once Nick lets me know what the new weight is, I will change the title. lol.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

TriRig

by TriRig

I don't have a final weight yet. The first-batch of production actually came in lower, at about 63g per pair. I *think* final production will go up by about 18g, so we might estimate 81g per pair. Not 100% sure on that.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Why the big jump in weight? Is it due to the outer flanges being changed to metal instead of just nylon? Any idea when you guys are going to release the second batch to the public, are we talking 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks...? Just looking for a rough estimate so that I can finish my build.

Thanks guys.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

TriRig

by TriRig

The big change is that we are changing from a hollow-core spindle to a solid core. We're hoping to remove the weight limit with this change. Can't give a firm date on availability just yet, unfortunately.

TriRig

by TriRig

So, for those of you who were curious, the final production Mercury hardware is finished. The weight went up to 93g per pair - a bit more than our original design, but now the pedals are SOLID. There's no weight limit, so anyone can ride these. We revised the bearing to be more durable, more simple, and made several other design elements more robust as well. Here's the article detailing the changes:

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2 ... Production

BmanX

by BmanX

Nick, how much will these be offered for on the next round?
BIG DADDY B FLOW

TriRig

by TriRig

The price on Mercury is $249.99 per pair.

Or in other words, you could buy almost THREE pairs of Mercury pedals for the price of one set of Speedplay Nanograms ... and Mercury is quite a bit lighter :-)

BmanX

by BmanX

Thank you for the reply Nick.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Wow -- slick!