insoles for high arches, need advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

Hello i ordered the FIZIK insoil to give it a try in my Bont
http://www.fizik.it/en/shoes/accessories/3-D_flex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will bake them at 90°C 2 MN put them in my shoes and let them molding , like that i will see how it goes .

I let you Know.....

sungod

by sungod

they're the sidas flashfit type, normally they are moulded with the special flashfit box

if you need arch support i'm not sure that trying to mould in-shoe will work properly, the arches will collapse and footbeds probably set in a position giving little or no support, you may be able to cut some hard foam to fit under them and hold them in the correct position while moulding

i have some moulded in-store with the flashfit box, they are ok but i found the esoles efit worked much better for me and were also more comfortable on long rides

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cleaner

by Cleaner

I have used Superfeet, sole heat molded cycling, Giro, and E-soles. The E-soles cycling model is noticeably better for comfort and customization to morphology than any of the others I have tried.

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

sungod wrote:they're the sidas flashfit type, normally they are moulded with the special flashfit box

if you need arch support i'm not sure that trying to mould in-shoe will work properly, the arches will collapse and footbeds probably set in a position giving little or no support, you may be able to cut some hard foam to fit under them and hold them in the correct position while moulding

i have some moulded in-store with the flashfit box, they are ok but i found the esoles efit worked much better for me and were also more comfortable on long rides

Hello in my opinion the best way is to mold them in the shoe , becaus it s supose to fill the existing gap , i think if you mold them outside the shoes that will not seat properly on the soil of the shoe(they are all diferent) ; and secondly if you mould them outside of the shoe if you have a gap in between your moldind and the Inside of the shoe the Inside soil will probably colapsed Under the load like you said.

Of course during the molding in the shoe i will not apply much pressure on the soil like that my arch will not deformate Under load.

Anyway i will receive the soil on TUESDAY i ll keep you up to date about it , thanks for your help.

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

sungod wrote:they're the sidas flashfit type, normally they are moulded with the special flashfit box

Hello in my opinion the best way is to mold them in the shoe , becaus it s supose to fill the existing gap , i think if you mold them outside the shoes that will not seat properly on the soil of the shoe(they are all diferent) ; and secondly if you mould them outside of the shoe if you have a gap in between your moldind and the Inside of the shoe the Inside soil will probably colapsed Under the load like you said.

Of course during the molding in the shoe i will not apply much pressure on the soil like that my arch will not deformate Under load.

Anyway i will receive the soil on TUESDAY i ll keep you up to date about it , thanks for your help.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the great info. I've been having issues with my toes hurting unless I made a conscious effort to try and "push" them to the sole. At first I thought I needed a shoe with less toe box room (I'm riding 2011 S-Works).

Switched from the stock Red insole to Green after getting measured - what a difference. Thanks again for the info, I would have not thought about insoles otherwise.

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

Hello guys i did mold the insoil this morning , i did put the insoil in the hoven for 5mn at 90°C after that they where soft i put them in my shoes and stayed up for 10Mn in a semi squat position , now i have to try it on the road , in static like that i can feel all the soil did mold from the hill to the toes , when i passe my hand in the shoes i can feel the grooves of my toes , look like it will be good for the arch support and i can feel the metatarsial button too, at first it feel much mor comfy than my Spe BG+++ insoil.

Now only the road will tell!!!!!

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

EMMANUEL15 wrote:Hello guys i did mold the insoil this morning , i did put the insoil in the hoven for 5mn at 90°C after that they where soft i put them in my shoes and stayed up for 10Mn in a semi squat position , now i have to try it on the road , in static like that i can feel all the soil did mold from the hill to the toes , when i passe my hand in the shoes i can feel the grooves of my toes , look like it will be good for the arch support and i can feel the metatarsial button too, at first it feel much mor comfy than my Spe BG+++ insoil.

Now only the road will tell!!!!!

So the weather is real crap here in France , i didn t ride for 2 days yesturday i did 2hours and today the same , The comfort is better than with my spe bg green insoil , the foam of the soil look like softer and feel like a glove on the foot , when i pedal i can feel the arch support just on the right spot so i think it will be good for me so far after 4hours of using it no numbness no hot spot , but the temp still Under the 15°C so i will have to update after longer ride and especially warm one , but doesn t look like the summer will kick in soon.