Campagnolo 10 or 11 speed front derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

That should work just fine. Not sure if you even need the old 9S jockey wheels iso the new ones.
In case you'd run a 11S chain you could put the SR FD cage back on and the SR jockey wheels as well.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Thanks fdegrove! I went with the 9s jockey to have more clearance like on the 10 speed carbon derailleur. 8.9mm instead of 8.4mm. Some said that the 10 speed chain would rub sometimes on the SR derailleur. When I try an 11s chain, i'll put back everything to 11s spec.
██

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tommasini

by tommasini

With an 11 crank I'd suggest an 11 chain due to external clearance for the chain when in the small chainring and smaller cogs. But then if you go with the 11 chain you will want an 11 front der also - as a added width "slop" of a 10 frt der combined with tighter setup of the crank you won't get as clean front shifts with the 10 frt der.

So one option is try the 10 chain and frt der and if you're ok with clearances on the chainrings then go for it.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Thanks for the info tommasini.

I`m gonna try the 10s chain first and see if its ok.

If not, I already have an 11s chorus chain and swapping the cage takes 2 minutes.
██

DaveS

by DaveS

The chain should match the cassette and the FD cage width should match the chain. Using an 11 speed FD cage with a wider 10 speed chain might shift fine, but it's likely to need frequent trimming.

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Dave thats what i`m planning to do first. 10 speed cassette with 10s record chain and the front derailleur is a super record , but with a chorus 10s cage from 2008.

I think it should be fine with the record 11s crankset. spacing between the small and big chainring is 0.6mm narrower compared to a 10 speed crankset if i`m not mistaking.
██