Bike comparrison KUOTA KOM vs RIDLEY HELIUM

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

Hello all,

I just wanted to share my findings on the two bikes above after a month of riding in case someone is looking to buy either and looking for first hand experiences.

The RIDLEY HELIUM 2011 full super record , Ritchey components, Campag shamal rims.
Handing 8/10
Weight 8.5/10
ACCELERATION 7/10
Hills 8/10
Finish of bike 9/10
I found a great all rounder very well balance and comfort on long rides 7/10 .
The Ridley handled very well coming out of cornering but seemed to lack on the take off out. Going up hills I found the bike great and certainly felt like I was the weakest link.

I purchased a KUOTA KOM TEAM EDITION 2012 in high gloss white. Campag super record , Fulcrum racing 3 all new
Handling 9/10
weight 7/10
acceleration 9/10
hills 8.5/10
finish of bike 8/10
Ok going from the Helium to the Kuota the Ridley felt like riding a piece of licorice , sloppy bottom end , way too much flex in the rear seat stays , this made me very happy with my choice in purchase.
Handling 9/10 great into corners and the take off was brilliant fast tracking and hills with the extra stiffness just made me feel like the hills suddenly became enjoyable .... stupid I know.

Very glad of the purchase , and happy to help out with any further questions should anyone have any.
next upgrades will be to upgrade the Fulcrums to SHAMAL Mega as soon as the wife turns her back !!
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com