Tiso 12 speed electronic is here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

There was a thread about this after Bike Rumor first posted about the Tiso 12sp wireless RD back in October.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

worst promo vid ever.

bikedoc

by bikedoc

so its cold enough to need a face mask but not cold enough for gloves, very odd

Arky

by Arky

A small company like Tiso having the balls to do something like this is commendable. Very cool. Hopefully they can get to stampings, forgings and molded parts after the first round of products as a means for cost reduction.

KLabs

by KLabs

+1

hjb1000

by hjb1000

Arky wrote:A small company like Tiso having the balls to do something like this is commendable. Very cool. Hopefully they can get to stampings, forgings and molded parts after the first round of products as a means for cost reduction.

Agreed, I think it's great they are giving this a shot. Kind of like the 'rawness' of the product too.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

That promo vid is absolute balls but the product looks incredible!

Compatible with all other groupsets and self-adjusts to them? 150g for 11-29 cassette? easy set-up? takes AAA batteries? Promises to be cheaper than other electronic groupsets? If it works well then this is the stuff of dreams...

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Can anyone tell if the system allows for multiple cog jumps at one shift? (i.e. like Campy: push the thumb shifter, hold it down and travel down the cassette in one shot, or three gears + up).

As discussed before, who will be the first to maliciously hack this system to produce ghost shifts on competitor's bikes? Oh, the possibilities.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The system is a single gear at a time but reasonably quick.

The first production run is done. Available Feb.

It does not "self adjust" to a different gearing spacing. You need to reset the system and choose the different wheel, but it's not a difficult thing to do.

Bluetooth is fairly reasonably secure as a transmition standard. "Simple" to hack is relative to the hacker, but it's not going to be effected any more than cellular / wi-fi / etc is. It won't readily accept pairing on the fly with other devices.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Looks awesome but I find it strange that they say in the video its radio wireless or Bluetooth, haven't they decided? Surely If they are ready to release it must be finalised? It can't be both methods can it? And what free hub does it use?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

KLabs

by KLabs

BeeBee30 wrote:Looks awesome but I find it strange that they say in the video its radio wireless or Bluetooth, haven't they decided? Surely If they are ready to release it must be finalised? It can't be both methods can it? And what free hub does it use?

It might be both radio wireless and Bluetooth.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we won't need to replace our 10spd hubs/wheels with 12spd hubs/wheels ...

Privateer

by Privateer

Stolichnaya wrote:As discussed before, who will be the first to maliciously hack this system to produce ghost shifts on competitor's bikes? Oh, the possibilities.

Probably the same person who fills his tyres with sealant then throws tacks on the course. It's not something I'd lose sleep over.

Mods: can we please merge the two Tiso threads?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com