Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:46 pm
- Location: Austin, Texas
I'm planning on buying a Merida Reacto Evo frameset to build up. All of my bikes run Campy 11. The Reacto uses direct mount brakes and Campy doesn't make them (at least not nice ones). So, do I break with tradition and use full Dura Ace 9000 or go "interracial" and mix Campy with Shimano brakes? Since all are 11 speed the free wheels should be interchangeable.
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 am
I'm fan of interracial... wait are we talking about bikes still?
Are there some boutique options?
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:08 pm
I'd just wait for the ee Cycleworks ones to come out.
- Posts: 6750
- Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Posts: 2292
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 am
- Location: Pedal Square
Guess there's the Tektro T730F/T740R neither-here-nor-there option. Or just use lower tier Shimano while waiting.
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 pm
- Location: Dubai - United Arab Emirates
PIXELLUST wrote:I'd just wait for the ee Cycleworks ones to come out.
+1 ftw I'm not a fan of a stock brakes either!