Ti bolt Upgrades

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BmanX

by BmanX

I have read on the website that a lot of the parts have been tuned with Ti bolts. Is this something that you have to special order or is it something that you can go match up with what you have in aluminum at a place that specializes in bolts. I do not mind going and doing this but not too sure where to get the bolts. I live in Canada so hopefully that helps and does not hinder.

Knut

by Knut

Just to clarify, Ti bolts are stronger and heavier than aluminium bolts. Maybe you already know this and I just misread your post. :)

Most of the bolts on your bike are probably steel, some can be replaced with Ti and some with aluminium. There are some varying opinions as to what is safe, do a search and read up on it.

Ti, and AL bolts are readily available from various sources also covered in details before, those will also come up when you search.

Also, read the article "All about bolts" here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=16

Have fun, and please ask again if something is still not clear after reading up on the old treads and the article. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boonen

by Boonen

I use Madcows excellent discription of tuning bolts when in doubt about the size, it can be found here:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... ight=bolts

Karbon

by Karbon

If you list the components you want to tune, there is probably people here that have done so, or know the sizes you need.

BmanX

by BmanX

Sorry, I was looking for Aluminum and Ti but when I typed it up I meant steel. Doing work and posting at the same time is hard some days.

Well I wanted to do bottle cage bolts, was thinking about the F99 stem, and some others. Any suggestions. I know that I can just buy them but I like to search out these things and working in an industry that used SS and Aluminum bolts, I can probably get some at a great price.

Knut

by Knut

Every bolt on your bike can be tuned with either Ti or Al, it's fun - and safe if you do it right. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com