Look keo 2 max ANNOYING SQUEAK

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

loco2546

by loco2546

hello weight weenies i have keo 2 max and it has developed a really LOUD SQUEAK that drives me INSANE specially when i try to sprint. :shock:
Does anyone know how to get rid off this DAMN issue the pedals are just 3 months old..! :evil:

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

I have keo blades and have found that degreaser on the base plate (the shiny platform section) and then a tiny amount of grease or lubricant removes the sounds. Have to reapply sometimes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

loco2546

by loco2546

shoopdawoop wrote:I have keo blades and have found that degreaser on the base plate (the shiny platform section) and then a tiny amount of grease or lubricant removes the sounds. Have to reapply sometimes.

Thanks I will try that :D
If i remove the rubber on the cleat would that work .?

brycerider

by brycerider

Bit of Teflon spray. In my experience they get even worse when wet. Sounds like you are being chased by a bunch of penguins

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

If you are using the "grip" cleats, try switching to the ones without the grip. They are bimaterial, they have a smoother white plastic at the pedal contact points and are much less prone to squeaking.

brycerider

by brycerider

Agree but in my experience the non grip ones are harder to find. Aside from less squeaks they also last longer.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

cnbky

by cnbky

mine squeak in very cold weather despite being well maintained. yesterdays -1C ride especially.

ave

by ave

Very strange, that the original Deltas used to squeak a lot.
Then my the Keo Carbons do not, absolutely zero noise from new to now, almost 3 years old, with grip cleats.

And there's seem to a lot of you who have squeaking on the newer Keo Max? Not a good product development, is it? :)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

some people have a lot of float and wear the cleat quicker. Others tend to walk on the cleats as if they were casual shoes. Other ride in the rain which picks up dirt that cause wear. Many different variables associated to cleat and pedal surface wear.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

loco2546

by loco2546

thisisatest wrote:If you are using the "grip" cleats, try switching to the ones without the grip. They are bimaterial, they have a smoother white plastic at the pedal contact points and are much less prone to squeaking.

I already removed the rubberized part from the cleats and even put baby powder on them; as others have stated.
where would i find those cleat that u said..? :beerchug:

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Paraffin wax on all pedal contact surfaces is the best to kill noise.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Bit of parrafin wax or god forbid a bit of the dreaded gt85 if you're really stuck! It is well annoying if it's anything like I suffer with them, almost certainly cleat rather than pedal based.

CSquare43

by CSquare43

I can't promise that this is the solution on this generation of Look pedals, but in the past, this worked.

Loosen the screws on the cleat by @ 1/4 turn each. This allows the cleat to flatten out a bit, eliminating the cleat/pedal contact (and thereby the squeak as well)...

Not sure what shoes you're running, but in the past, Sidi seemed to give us the biggest issue due to the curvature of their sole.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com