BH Ultralight Geometry questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jasonsv

by jasonsv

I recieved my BH ultralight framset today 2013?

I ordered a large, when it arrived it looked a little small, so got out the tape measure and when to the Bh site, the headtube is clearly 185mm as listed on the site however the tt and st judt dont make sense TT almost appears to be a size medium , anyone else have a BH and noticed the same thing?

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Most top tube measurements are "effective" measurements, and so are some seat tube measurements. By that I mean you draw a horizontal line from the top of the head tube to the seat tube, measure that distance and it is the imaginary horizontal top tube's length. That same intersection on the seat tube, down to the center of the bb, is the effective seat tube length. I hope that's it, can't think of anything else causing skewed numbers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

My 2011 BH G5 uses an "effective" top tube length, not the actual TT measurement. Go look at their geometry charts, and it should show you how they came up with the top tube length.

elviento

by elviento

Seems within the normal range for a size L.

BTW, it's always a good habit to closely study the geo chart before buying a higher end frame like the Ultralite.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

Dimitri

by Dimitri

have a pretty laid back seat angle from memory, which does make the bike a little "smaller" really.