Sizing...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TerryKoh

by TerryKoh

Hi guys,
I'm currently riding a SCOTT Foil 20, size-S but my friend recently gave me an offer for his TIME RXRS Ulteam that I cannot resist. However, his TIME is size-XXS.

Based on the geo diagram thru the web, TIME's identical size with reference to my SCOTT is size-XS. I was thinking of just buying a longer stem to compensate for the shorter top tube that TIME has. Do you think it will work? I'm 170cm tall. Appreciate some thoughts...

<if i'm not in the right forum/place, please help direct me to the right forum... thanks>

Terry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TerryKoh

by TerryKoh

I'm using a 110 stem which came together with the original bike.

my friend has already dismantled his bike and now it is a bare frame...no chance for me to test it unless i'm willing to spend some time to move my components from FOIL to TIME for a test ride and fitting.

i heard some friends say some pro-peloton riders opt for smaller bike than usual to lighten the weight and increase power transfer and agility. i wonder if that is true.

em3

by em3

It's all about understanding how to compare stack and reach of the two frames . See discussion currently on this for main page, here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109720