Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 needs help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I ride Colnago v2r with Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical. I have Bora Ultra 50 clinchers. When riding on flat roads with a fairly high caidence when I stop pedaling the cassette tries to continue spinning with the hub putting slack on my top chain which slaps the adjacent arm. It appears the cassette and freehub do not disingauge and spin freely. Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

This, or different?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165212

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Hope this helps

Answer is shouldn't make any odds, 10, 11, 12s all should spin OK, it's likely the cassette body or maybe the spring just grazing the inside of the drive ring.

Strip, clean, have a look.

If it is, it's obvious the guy will see marks on the cassette body.

New cassette body in that case. If the wheels are new / still in warranty,, they need to go to a SC for proper evaluation.

If the guy has flipped the cassette body at any time the gasket between the cassette body and the hub might be snagging. Worth a check it's properly positioned.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Yes, same problem. I have four other bikes, all running 11 and 12 speed Campagnolo groupsets. All my bikes have the same Bora Ultra 50 wheels. None of the other bikes have this issue. I will take rear wheel apart again and try to find a solution

micky

by micky

Campagnolo 12s cassette way too heavy and it hold the "momentum" and keep going forward.
I have this exact situation with my own bike and it doesnt happen when I use the Edco steel cassette (roughly half weight).

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

My 12s stuff does it to on all my Campy wheels... WTOs, WTO Ultra, and Bora Ultra 50s.... they only do it with the 12s, 11s is fine.... I think like Micky said..its the momentum of the cassette carrying forward that slaps the chain on the chain stay...

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I've never had the issue with shamal ultras and 12s . 11/29 sr cassette

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com