Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2934 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Posts: 114
Some saddles I tuned.
Fizik Arione
Image

SSM Aspide 132g
Image

Kit Carbonio Flow
Before
Image

After
Image

The Aspide is for sale, PM me with an offer. :thumbup: :beerchug:

_________________
R.J.
Some people tune their car, I prefer to tune my bike.
http://ilcappellino.blogspot.com/


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 187
nicely done on the Kit Carbonio Flow. did you just remove the leather? or do something else to it? would be nice to get 3 more grams off, eh?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:53 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:48 am
Posts: 437
I did the same with my SLR. It was just the leather and the tiny amount of foam underneath. I think mine was 105gm when done so I dremelled off some of the excess material underneath. 99.9gm when I was done ;)

_________________
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:05 pm
Posts: 114
odin99 wrote:
nicely done on the Kit Carbonio Flow. did you just remove the leather? or do something else to it? would be nice to get 3 more grams off, eh?

The leather and padding and I dremel'd out a portion on the back. I'm sure I could get it under 100g by taking a little material off the edges.

_________________
R.J.
Some people tune their car, I prefer to tune my bike.
http://ilcappellino.blogspot.com/


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:21 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 429
Came here to share the beginning of a fun little project, glad to see that I'm totally on same 'saddle' topic!
Desperately trying to find a bike related project to mess with, I ended up begging my wife to work on her mid 80's 'Bianchi Superset Ishiwata' that she NEVER uses... so I can dig my head into some upgrades and refinements. I have two modern bikes (Scott spark (MTB) and a TREK TTX for triathlon) but I wish I could have something more casual and useful to ride around the block, groceries, weekend relax, so she gave me the green light to play!!! So I'm ditching some unnecessary parts like front derailleur/big ring/and front shifter, so the bike will have 6sp only, more than enough...and lighter!!! Planning on deep clean all components and put lots of grease specially on rear derailleur (Suntour), I already changed the seatpost by a carbon finish one left over from an old bike of mine and now I'm working on which color I will use to tape the handlebar and of course, create a matching saddle!

Talking about the saddle, I had a old and bit up Selle San Marcos that I will use for this bike, I'm considering replacing the cover by leather, but still don't know what kind of shade I will use....but needs to match with the handlebar tape of course!
Image
Image


By the way....I'm not really knowledgeable about Classic bikes. If I'm doing something disrespectful with this bike...let me know!!!! :)


Last edited by andreszucs on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:48 am
Posts: 437
Can't go wrong with black or tan. I'd introduce a first layer of foam to it first instead of just a leather layer . can't wait to see it! Good luck

_________________
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:40 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 429
weeracerweenie wrote:
Can't go wrong with black or tan. I'd introduce a first layer of foam to it first instead of just a leather layer . can't wait to see it! Good luck


I think Tan is the winner...to also match the gold logos! ...with a home made cork Handle bar end plug....digging ebay right know!

That ugly surface you see on top of the saddle is a padding...I think will be ok with a thin layer of leather on top.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Posts: 1780
Location: New Zealand
weeracerweenie wrote:
I did the same with my SLR. It was just the leather and the tiny amount of foam underneath. I think mine was 105gm when done so I dremelled off some of the excess material underneath. 99.9gm when I was done ;)


And now it's on my bike! :D

_________________
2012 BMC SLR 6.02kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110390


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:48 am
Posts: 437
andreszucs wrote:
weeracerweenie wrote:
Can't go wrong with black or tan. I'd introduce a first layer of foam to it first instead of just a leather layer . can't wait to see it! Good luck


I think Tan is the winner...to also match the gold logos! ...with a home made cork Handle bar end plug....digging ebay right know!

That ugly surface you see on top of the saddle is a padding...I think will be ok with a thin layer of leather on top.


Good choice, id try find your bar tape first so you can colour match the leather for the saddle to it. brooks do some pretty stuff, its not cheap though...

dereksmalls wrote:
weeracerweenie wrote:
I did the same with my SLR. It was just the leather and the tiny amount of foam underneath. I think mine was 105gm when done so I dremelled off some of the excess material underneath. 99.9gm when I was done ;)


And now it's on my bike! :D


indeed it is :thumbup:

_________________
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?


Top
   
 Post subject: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:31 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 429
weeracerweenie wrote:
andreszucs wrote:
weeracerweenie wrote:
Can't go wrong with black or tan. I'd introduce a first layer of foam to it first instead of just a leather layer . can't wait to see it! Good luck


I think Tan is the winner...to also match the gold logos! ...with a home made cork Handle bar end plug....digging ebay right know!

That ugly surface you see on top of the saddle is a padding...I think will be ok with a thin layer of leather on top.


Good choice, id try find your bar tape first so you can colour match the leather for the saddle to it. brooks do some pretty stuff, its not cheap though...

dereksmalls wrote:
weeracerweenie wrote:
I did the same with my SLR. It was just the leather and the tiny amount of foam underneath. I think mine was 105gm when done so I dremelled off some of the excess material underneath. 99.9gm when I was done ;)


And now it's on my bike! :D


indeed it is :thumbup:


I found the saddle leather, it will be Perforated Beige, hoping to find the same pattern for the tape! Ended up doing opposite to your suggestion!


Last edited by andreszucs on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:37 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 429
Really digging this project!
Image
I just placed everything to picture the concept:
Image

Hopefully works! (It's a base of a TT shifter with a pulley bearing bolted into it). Interesting concept because I can pull the cable directly to brake the bike with my hands in the extremity, or pull the lever with hands in the center portion... Or... Ditch the lever keeping the base only to anchor the cable, would look cool!

I had to make a groove onto the bearing to guide the cable:
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:33 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 429
.


Last edited by andreszucs on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:51 am
Posts: 1921
That looks interesting.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 6225
Location: Athens, Greece
+1

_________________
My 6560gr TIME Skylon
My 9733gr COLNAGO Master X-light


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:06 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Show me Your Tuning!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 am
Posts: 5
andreszucs wrote:
Hum....2:1 pulley system? 1/2 the force needed to brake? ...righ! More cable to pull...I'm curious to find out how it feels.
Image

Now I am certainly no physicist (in fact I'm a little mathematically challenged) but won't that only change the speed that the pads travel in towards the rim, not actually give you more power? You would also need to increase the lever to get more power would you not? As far as I can see the actual force delivered would still be proportionate to the power traveling from the rider's hands through the lever and down the cable..



Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2934 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Show me your climbing shifters

in Road

glepore

4

982

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Shrike View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. show me your steerer tube ( inside )

in Road

stormur

0

533

Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 pm

stormur View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Tuning BTP shifters for Red 22

in Road

4ibanez

6

769

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:57 pm

4ibanez View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. SRAM eTAP Tuning?

in Road

ProfessorChaos

11

2225

Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:07 pm

ProfessorChaos View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Di2 fine tuning problem

in Road

havana

12

840

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:11 pm

agravic View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 5 8 5, Bing [Bot], GT56, hlvd, Jowwy, NiFTY, TacoShoppe, themidge, trimenc, whyamihere and 69 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited