LOOK 695 max seat height

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Hey,

So I'm getting a look team bike and need to know what the uncut length of a 56cm vs 58cm frame seat mast will be?
And what height does the seat cap add and how much adjustability is in the 695 seat cap set up?

Any help much appreciated. Cheers in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

you can add around 3cm of e-post shim/elastomer thing, and probably more. plus you can add get a taller saddle.

they came with heaps of seatpost out of the box, as in, about a metre or so.

OrPe

by OrPe

Dude, did you google it?

It is actually a part of look's declared geometry chart - http://www.lookcycle.com/media/catalog/product/g/e/geometries-2013_34.pdf...

Since i looked into it... L (==56) is 730mm and XL (==58) is 750mm.

To get to the saddle rails, you should add the height of the EPost exposed part + elastomer (my guess that's at least another <at least> 100mm, but if required i can measure when back home).

So, to the saddle rails that's (730+100) for L, (750+100) for XL.

<Rails -> saddle top> is usually >35mm

To your other question (adjust ability after setting up) LOOK define a max of +30mm spacers. cutting down is "unlimited".

Hope that helps.

Oren

OrPe

by OrPe

OrPe wrote:To get to the saddle rails, you should add the height of the EPost exposed part + elastomer (my guess that's at least another <at least> 100mm, but if required i can measure when back home).

Just came home and measured the EPost for you. the actual length added to the seat tube is 85mm (and not 100 mm as i guessed before).

Enjoy the new bike. i think you will find LOOK are phenomenal framesets.

Oren