Carbon Fiber Kick Stand. 40g, $40USD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

konky

by konky

Actually I feel quite guilty I was so rude about that cool and very useful contraption. I think I am going to buy one.

Sorry Mr fella with the mustache. I guess all publicity is good publicity.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

artray wrote:The Guy in the vid calls it "very technical " :lol: Its a balancing stick made of carbon :lol:
He should go on dragons den .

He doesn't need to, it's already a great product and a clever solution.

Last night I went to a meeting related to my non-profit work and I rode over to the meeting spot along with other Board members. The room did not allow for bikes to be leaning up against the wall and, not ironically but quite frustratingly, there was no available place to lockup outside. My commuter/lockable does not have a kickstand, so I leaned it up against another Board member's bike, which worked, but took a bit more space than if each bike had a kick stand and could be placed individually.

While I won't put this on my WW bikes (40g is too much, children!) I have a number of bikes that would welcome this addition. I may also buy a few as gifts for my staff!! :lol:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

konky

by konky

Yes kickstands are usually bulky and require a bracket to fix. Not true with this one. It can be easily stored and just pulled out when needed. As a WW item it's pretty pointlees at 40g but otherwise it's darn useful.

I've changed my view on this product. It's neat and effective

artray

by artray

prendrefeu .that really is amazing how that happened last night . At least now you have a solution to the problem.

lechat

by lechat

Agree. Better to lay it on the ground than leave it unattended with that thing. Falling over is $$$.

KLabs

by KLabs

KLabs wrote:Very inventive and novel, especially as the stick folds up and will fit in your jersey with little weight penalty and attaches via a magnetic holder. Very clever :-)

OTH ... US$40 is not so cheap, clever nonetheless :-)

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Hey, I paid about $15 with tax for a cheap-o alu stand for my daughter's mountain bike. If she's going to follow in her Dad's footsteps what better way than with a lightweight CF stand?

Santa just may bring her one...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

BTW, guys, a friend of mine just alerted me that this thing is now on Kickstarter.
If you want one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/226 ... f=category
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Devon

by Devon

I haven't seen a kickstand since my mum had a Dutch townbike when I was a kid.