Carbon fiber disc road forks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

serum

by serum

Canyon always has got an eye for the sweetest details, in my opinion.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

The Liscio 2 frameset that I'll be getting in the next few weeks has internal routing for Di2, cables and most importantly, the hydraulic lines.

I'll post pics and weights when I can 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maddog 2

by maddog 2

Nice bike Canyon - NOW ACTUALLY MAKE SOME TO SELL!

MichaelB

by MichaelB

OK, finally got my Volagi Liscio Gen 2 F&F.

The fork is a full carbon, with 1 1/8" - 1 3/8" tapered setup. It has internal routing for the hydraulic hose on the fork and the frame.

The fork comes in at 482g uncut, with ~ 380mm of steerer tube

Frame is not bad too, at 1,225g for a 57cm version (incl der hanger) and internal cable routing.

The build is underway :mrgreen:

tharmor

by tharmor

@MichaelB - I'm following your build on the BNA forums closely. I have a few questions about the Liscio ::

1. Is that paint scheme custom, or is it an option when working with the LBS?
2. With the inevitable release of the HyRd hydraulic system from TRP, will your frame still be setup for that conversion to replace the Parabox?
3. How much of the purchase was handled thru your LBS? I mean to ask, did you only buy frame/fork thru them, and then place separate orders for the components, and then the wheels?

Btw - it's simply stunning. Your build is making me want to sell my cervelo rs quickly and make the leap to the Liscio.

winky

by winky

MichaelB,
What is the fork length on that Viscious looking fork? :D

MichaelB

by MichaelB

tharmor wrote:@MichaelB - I'm following your build on the BNA forums closely. I have a few questions about the Liscio ::

1. Is that paint scheme custom, or is it an option when working with the LBS?
2. With the inevitable release of the HyRd hydraulic system from TRP, will your frame still be setup for that conversion to replace the Parabox?
3. How much of the purchase was handled thru your LBS? I mean to ask, did you only buy frame/fork thru them, and then place separate orders for the components, and then the wheels?

Btw - it's simply stunning. Your build is making me want to sell my cervelo rs quickly and make the leap to the Liscio.

Hiya,

No the paint scheme is the Gen 1 colourway used on the Rival specced bikes. I wanted the red stripe version (Gen 2 Rival spec), but for some reason, in my frame size, they got the white stripe. Still looks OK, but Red would have been better !! You can see the colour schemes here http://www.volagi.com/bikes

I'll be keeping the Parabox until wither the SRAM HydroR is available or the Shimano version that has been spied around.

I bought the F&F (which includes the seatpost and headset) through Volagi Aus. The wheels I built myself.

@ winky

If by fork length, you mean steerer tube, it's 380mm from the crown race. I need to cut about 70 - 80mm off.

If you mean the A2C distance, haven't measured it, but it's road fork dimension. It can handle a full fender with 25C tyres, so a bit more than the traditional road bikes, but nowhere near a CX fork dimension.

tharmor

by tharmor

@MichaelB - that was my point. I didn't see your exact paint scheme on the web site, leading me to believe that you had made arrangements with them. Thanks.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

tharmor wrote:@MichaelB - that was my point. I didn't see your exact paint scheme on the web site, leading me to believe that you had made arrangements with them. Thanks.

This is a pic of the colourway for the Gen 1 Liscio with SRAM Rival.

My frame has the same scheme, but is a Gen 2 (135mm rear spacing, full internal cable routing - gear cables and brake cables/hydraulic hoses). :mrgreen:

What is your BNA name ?

tharmor

by tharmor

Gen 1, now it makes sense.

We're you able to specify? It seems like you wanted a different colorway, but it didn't happen. I ask because I will be placing an order for my father-in-law's birthday present, and I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into.

As for me, I'll have to wait a bit to get my own.

I am only a lurched on the BNA forums, and only to follow the thread on road disk forks, which lead me to your thread. I haven't created an account there, and when I noticed you're posting here as well, I didn't feel the need to create one.

Nevertheless, I'm a huge fan of your build and the process that you are showing in your thread. It's interesting for me to follow.

Cheers.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Hi tharmor,

The aussie guys only brought in 50 odd frames, so colour choice is a bit limited.

Best to contact them via their email address (I presume you are in Aus)

volagiaus@optusnet.com.au

The person is Anita Johnson, and let her know that I sent you :beerchug: . I think they are formally launching tomorrow, but not sure

Cheers

Michael B

PS - Lucky father in law !!!!

illnacord

by illnacord

Do the post mounts accept 140mm by default and to reach 160mm, you use the IS adapter?
Single Speed Steel Bike Rider. Pro-Bike lifestyle.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

illnacord wrote:Do the post mounts accept 140mm by default and to reach 160mm, you use the IS adapter?

On the Volagi Liscio, for the rear, yes. The front fork is setup as a post mount for a 160mm.

I think some others like the 3T is set up for a 140mm, but I'm not sure

maddog 2

by maddog 2

DengFu now have their 2013 disc frame listed (same design as 'HongFu' version...). Looks good - anyone seen a review?

http://dengfubikes.com/index.php?page=s ... t&Itemid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tharmor

by tharmor

The FM166 looks great as a complete build. This shot is taken from DengFu's website ::