Lightweights running Dura Ace 9000/9070

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommyb

by tommyb

Trying to find out if my LW Gen3's will be able to run a d/a 11 cassette, I know I'll need a new DT freehub (http://www.derks-wielersport.nl/dt-swis ... 04977.html) but what about re-dishing?? Obviously LW's can't be :?

I did ask the UK agent and this is his response..

Hi
Thanks for the enquiry. It may work, but we cannot guarantee it.

As you stated, it's impossible to re-dish a Lightweight wheel, and using a 11-speed DT Freehub body may work but leave the rear deraillieur perilously close the the spokes when used in the largest rear sprocket, in addition to the free hub ending 0.5mm 'off-centre'.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Does this make sense to anyone/has anyone used 9000 with LW's yet?

Thanks in advance!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sedluk

by sedluk

So in summary, you buy the Shimano 11 DT Swiss hub body and cap. Replace the Hub Body/cap and go riding. Theoretically the wheel is now 131mm and the frame is made for a 130mm wheel so your wheel will be off center by 0.5mm. But in practice you will never know the difference and you just enjoy.

upside

by upside

I just installed the DT Swiss 11 speed cassette body with the 11 sp end cap. The wheel is out of dish by 3mm... this is on a Bontrager D3 tubular. It sounds like that any conversion is done that redishing is required. PITA