DT Swiss RR415 - what are they like

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DJT21

by DJT21

Does anyone have any experience with these rims?

They are apparently quite light, how do they ride? How do they last?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ticou

by ticou

I asked my local boutique bike shop the same question. They are below open pro for durability and it's been said they can be wavy. 465 is the better option for daily roads, or at least on the rear.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I use RR415 on my winter bike and they are one of my favourite rims. Light at 415g and they have decent durability. I have been running them of my club run bike which get riden all year round no matter what the weather is like. . Max rim tension of 1100N I think should be observed.

I would not recomend the DT Swiss 240 rear hub with this rim the rear flange seperation is just not enough.

I have just built a RR415 wheelset today on Novatec A291 28H and F482 28H hubs with Sapim Laser spokes and alloy nipples. Weight is 1446g and for the customer they will stiff enough. The black, red and white decals on the hub match the rim and with the black rim, hub spokes and red nipples you have one smart looking wheelset.

My set are on Miche hubs with the same spoke count and spokes. I am 82kg and I notice no wheel flexing or true issues due to the low NDS spoke tension. for riders above 85kg then use the RR465 in 32H drilling on the rear.
I have been using the RR415 rim for rider up 90kg on the front and have found no issues.

A decent rim so long as you stick to its design limits.