Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Look 795 E-post 2?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:04 pm 

So I am a hardcore lurker of these forums, and I made an account just to ask this question since I cannot seem to find a proper answer anywhere on the net.

I am considering buying a Look 795 from my brother in law. The 795 comes with the e-post 2. My question for anybody knowledgeable on the bike or e-post 2 itself: how is the e-post supposed to sit on the bike? When it's tightened to the recommended 2 Nm torque, I can rock the saddle from the nose and tail up and down a bit. I should add that the rocking does not come from the saddle itself, I cannot pull out the e-post with my hands, and the 3 elastomers are all there. He said that's how they all sit on the frame, but that doesn't seem quite right...

I am thinking the seatpost was just not properly cut (i.e leveled) hence the movement. The area of contact looks kind of like the attached picture.

So is the above correct? Is a bit of play okay on these bikes' seatpost? I have never owned one, and I just want to make sure before I drop some money for it.

Attachments:
epost 2.jpg
epost 2.jpg [ 25.86 KiB | Viewed 360 times ]

Post subject: Look 795 E-post 2?
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:04 pm 

Post subject: Re: Look 795 E-post 2?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:30 pm 

The max torque looks like an 8 . . .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:40 pm 

vanmatthew wrote:
The max torque looks like an 8 . . .

No. That torque of 8 Nm is for the saddle. The e-post 2's max torque (the other bolt you see there down to the right) is 2 Nm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:35 pm 

Is it not so that you can use different hardness of elastomers?
If so, maybe he used a soft version over a harder?

Ax Lightness Vial EVO D
Paduano Racing Fidia
Open *UP*
https://opencycle.com/showcase/xplr3r-1-by-rickard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:49 pm 

yeap, This is my problem too. I hate it. I've had mine for some time now. I think the old epost design was better. So, I took mine to the shop, and well they replaced the epost2, then installed thicker o-rings in between the elastomers. I took it home and rubbed some alcohol to clean it too. its working, but there is still that fore aft play.
little, but its there. I wish Look can come up with a better solution. For such an expensive bike, this shouldn't be a problem. also, if you've noticed, the a-stem isn't the stiffest. If I push on the bars I can move it. :( My ild 695 was a better design IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 pm 
in the industry

I have one. when riding I cannot notice any rock even though I can rock the saddle a bit by hand.

If I push on all bars the stem gives alittle no matter the stem. never noticed flex on mine though when riding.

A problem is only a problem if it actually causes a problem. The play in the post is a non problem. The bike works just fine and is great to ride. So are many other bikes as well so if you dont mind non problems then buy the Look. If non problems bother you buy something else but then you are missing out on a quick bike.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:25 am 

are you using a short stem? I am using a 130mm. I ask because a shorter stem would mean less flex. anyhow, I did read on the stem not being the stiffest so I'm not really worried about it. as far as the seatpost, I have to learn to live with it I guess. IMHO though, a bike this much should have NO Issues. not even a little bit. I can't feel the play when I'm riding, but I often have to tighten it, otherwise if I pick up the bike by the saddle the seatpost comes off. it did the first time and I must admit I was a bit embarrassed. Another time someone was admiring the bike, he picked it up by the saddle, seatpost came off. So now everytime I ride the 795, I bring an allen key. frustrating, I have a love hate feeling for my new 795. Ive never had any issues with my sworks or trek. I clean and ride them everyday. unlike the LOOK, its too fragile. I keep wondering how the Bretagne Seche team maintained their bikes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:54 am 

Have experienced a similar problem on my Look 595 when didn't cut it straight on my first attempt...or isn't it just a new concept of E-post2 that allow the seatpost to flex rearwards thus enhancing comfort on the bike as manual says?

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:54 am