RBA Nano project bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CBRE

by CBRE

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/Tech-Features/content/67/6049/RBA-Project-Bike-Cannondale-EVO-Nano.html

Ran across this today, they did a good job on the build, pretty much the same idea as my build but a few key parts really helped them, frame by 20g, the wheels are 200 grams lighter than mine, the saddle 60 grams lighter(I may snag one of those), the pedals 30 grams lighter, 25 grams on the cassette(unaceptable to me as its all alum and will wear out quick), 18 grams on ft der(again a no go as shifting suffers and no chain catcher).
I got him on seatpost by 47g, stem by 10g, HB by 7g, fork by 15g, tires by 30g, crank by 8g, cables by 80g.
Brakes are about equal.

I need to re-address my wheels over the winter.
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

djconnel

by djconnel

Nice! Now that's the way to do a bike test: win and CR a competitive hillclimb! Good to see the new Ultralight pedals het some validation.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

That was a cool article, thanks for posting. I don't know why they got so touchy about cables though. Alligator i-links are by far the best performing cables I've had and they're some of the lightest. I just thought they were being a bit of a diva considering they were using pretty experimental pedals there. Still, nice bike and that's the way to put it to the test.

sedluk

by sedluk

Neil was also the first finisher of the Levi Gran Fondo. He rode everyone off his wheel.