Nokon cable refurbish

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WW08012010

by WW08012010

I am refurbishing my Nokon cable system and looking for input on best cable’s and liners to use. I have Shimano Dura 7800 shifters and routing shift cables under the bar tape. To add also I have the adaptor kit that will make the routing under the tape easier. I am using the standard nokon parts right now

cloudnine

by cloudnine

I'm using the same nokon + DA7800 setup as you but can you show me a picture of the adaptor kit you are using?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

liner - the powercordz liner is good with their cables, but also i've used it with steel cables and find it just as good with them

the nokon liner is tighter, i've used it but found over time it deformed slightly at the joints between segments and the drag increased, i've not had that problem with the powercordz liner

WW08012010

by WW08012010

The adaptor kit is real simple it is approximately 46 small pearls just like the ones use to make the bend @ the rear, also included in the kit is a new set of liners. They are listed on the Nokon web site. I could not find them on line so I called up the US distributor and ordered them over the phone. As for the liners I used power cordz liner last time I did this and it deformed and caused waves and slowed my shifts down. I could get it to work fine on the stand but after a few miles on the road I had slow shits again. The Power cordz liner I used then was blue. The latest liner I received from Power Cordz is clear with a green strip in it. One last note on the liners. I saw Jagwire liners in my local shop that stated on the lable compatibility with Nokon outers and they look identical to the one's Power Cordz sent me that are branded Power Cordz.

MileHighMark

by MileHighMark

WW08012010 wrote:The adaptor kit is real simple it is approximately 46 small pearls just like the ones use to make the bend @ the rear, also included in the kit is a new set of liners. They are listed on the Nokon web site. I could not find them on line so I called up the US distributor and ordered them over the phone. As for the liners I used power cordz liner last time I did this and it deformed and caused waves and slowed my shifts down. I could get it to work fine on the stand but after a few miles on the road I had slow shits again. The Power cordz liner I used then was blue. The latest liner I received from Power Cordz is clear with a green strip in it. One last note on the liners. I saw Jagwire liners in my local shop that stated on the lable compatibility with Nokon outers and they look identical to the one's Power Cordz sent me that are branded Power Cordz.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You might want to see a doctor for that...
GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

crohnsy

by crohnsy

Depending what is around at the shop I either use Shimano or Jagwire housing to get my liners.. It's easy enough to peel the outer sheath with a sharp knife and remove the stainless strands. Then you are left with the internal liner to thread your Nokon on to.

Also you should use the search feature of the forum. It's topic comes up regularly... :smartass:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com