Time VX Edge

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

willboslice

by willboslice

Hi all,

Thinking of selling my Time to save up and buy a more modern bike. Was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good price to sell it for as I'm abit clueless as to its value, particularly the frame/forks/etc.

The spec is as follows:

Full Shimano 105 5600 Black
FSA Pro Carbon Chainset
Dura-Ace Octalink BB
ITM Triango Wing Bars
Prologo Zero Pas Gel Ti 1.4 Saddle
Zipp 404 Tubular Wheelset (2002 I think)
Open Corsa CX (R) and Conti Comp (F)

Any thoughts would be good! :)

Thanks in advance

michel2

by michel2

even more modern ! (-;
i like your bike, none the less i supose its always hard to get good money for a used bike, i tried to sell my colnago ep for 1/3 of the new price, frame and fork only but never got a proper responce, i figured i was silly to give it away so i bought an super record group to match the bike ! (-:
good luck with the sale

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

Nice bike though I'm not so sure about the blue cabling.

It's hard to suggest a price for this since it's not a current model. My guess is that selling the bike as pictured you might get in the region of £700-£1000? There are an awful lot of bikes out there for sale new and s/h which makes it a buyer's market.

It could be an idea to offer the carbon wheels separately from the bike, perhaps you have some training wheels you could slot in as substitutes, that would maximise the return. Then stick everything on ebay and see what you get. Be prepared to be philosophical about the result.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Personally, I would simply upgrade your components and choice of cranks to something like Campagnolo EPS Record or SR. Alternatively, you could stick to Chitmano and do Di2 if you are really into it.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Nice bike. I also cant stand the blue cables though. I'd sell it all seperatly and get more for it that way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

willboslice

by willboslice

Bianchi10 wrote:Nice bike. I also cant stand the blue cables though. I'd sell it all seperatly and get more for it that way.

That makes three of us then! Changed the groupset over from my training bike (which was blue) just after I'd replaced the cables and outers and couldnt justify buying some more. Now im just too lazy to undo my bar tape and feed freyed cables through tiny holes for a color change. If I do end up keeping it, Ill get some black or red nokons.

Was hoping to get a bit more than £1,000 for it but I geuss I was being overly optimistic, dont think I'd want to sell it for anything less than that either. Maybe component upgrades would be the thing to do. Had been looking at Di2 (and dreaming of EPS) but didnt think the frame justified such a large expense on the groupset. Just want something a little bit stiffer.