Any alternatives to a Six evo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

welkman

by welkman

Hi,

I'm looking at a build based on a Canondale six evo frame. I love the geometry of my caad 8 commuting bike (61cm, slammed -17 degree stem) and I want to upgrade my best bike which has compact geo. My question is, are there any alternatives in the same price range/weight bracket? The only evo frame I can find in the uk is the Black and white colour scheme and if im dropping this kind of cash I want a build that looks good and can stay in my collection for the long term.

Cheers

W

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Cervelo R5? There is a new "VWD" (as in Vroomen-White Design) claimed to be sub-750 grams...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SUCycling88

by SUCycling88

The BH Ultralight is another freakishly light bike and very stiff as well.. Not sure of the geometry compared to the Evo tho

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I recommend the Parlee Z5SL. It is extremely light and is the only frameset I have found which rides as well as my Colnago C59. I love mine!

NiFTY

by NiFTY

You could get one of the other paint scheme evos. The new models should be coming into bike shops soonish.Or you could sand down the frame. Other than that - Tarmac SL4, second the BH ultralight. Giant TCR SLs are great value and come with compact geo.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

wilier zero.7....just built one and I love it!!
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

welkman

by welkman

I love the look of the parlee..... but that, the willer and the C59 all come in at £1000 over the price of the evo. They are a bit special though :)

I quite like the cervelo framset and brand mainly due to the old 'behind the peleton' videos so I will think about that.

Cant stop thinking about that parlee though

welkman

by welkman

ok so the S5 looks a bit.......ugly. I don't think the wife would like that hanging on the wall of the bedroom. Maybe it looks better in real life :noidea:

HakanC

by HakanC

welkman wrote:Hi,

I'm looking at a build based on a Canondale six evo frame. I love the geometry of my caad 8 commuting bike (61cm, slammed -17 degree stem) and I want to upgrade my best bike which has compact geo.

AFIK there is a geometry difference between Evo and CAAD8

But perhaps not enough to be of any concern for you?

/Håkan
SWEDEN

welkman

by welkman

In the largest sizes the geometry seems to converge? The size 60cm seems to be about spot on for me, the shorter stack height allowing me to run something other than a -17 degree stem and to have another couple of cm of post exposed (short legs and long torso 6ft 3in) as compared to my 61 cm caad 8.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Zero 7 - indeed - its a very special bike
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

exotec

by exotec

Simplon PAVO 3 ultra - 740g 52cm
max framesize 58cm, stack 585 and reach 401 maybe to small for you

artray

by artray

Raleigh chopper

AnthonySJB

by AnthonySJB

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cervelo-r5-vwd-frameset-2012/

At that price, if I had the money I'ld have bought it already. Such a steal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com