Lapierre Sizing Help / Suggestions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

therouler

by therouler

Hi,
I am lusting a Lapierre Xelius (ISP) and have a chance to pick one up at a very fair price. I am currently on a 58 Cervelo S2 and when I compare the geometries (I know they are not exactly the same) I am stuck on whether I should move to a 55 or 58 on the Lapierre. My inseam is a 33" and I am 73" tall. I am running a 120 stem on my S2 and have a considerable amount of drop. I am not looking for definitive answers just thoughts and if anyone has a Lapierre can they share how they determined size. FWIW - I am leaning towards the 58. Thanks!

mgrennie

by mgrennie

I'm the same height, and went from a 58 Felt to the 55 Lapierre. I felt a little too stretched on the Felt at times, and went from a 120 to 110 stem for comfort, which was why I picked the 55. I think the S2 is a little shorter and higher at the headtube from what I remember. I have flipped the stem on the Lapierre since this picture was taken, due to better conditioning. Both bikes have a 120 stem and I think the saddles are about equal. Bars and shifters are different, as the Lapierre had a short reach bar on it at the time. I now have a traditional bend bar which fits my Red shifters better, and stretches the cockpit a little.

Bike comparo.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

therouler

by therouler

Thanks. Yes, the 55 Lapierre has a 170 HT and the S2 has a 180. The 58 Lapierre has a 190 HT which is why I am inclined to go to that size. Appreciate the feedback.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Don't forget about the large headset cap on the Cervelo, which I had on my Felt. The 180 HT turns into a 200, with a 20mm headset cone spacer. The Lapierre has a flat cap. My Felt had a 160 HT, and I cut the steerer using the same spacer stack, which end up being lower on the taller head tube..