HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:20 pm 

Hello there, I´m new to this forum, 25 years old and took cycling as a result of starting doing triathlons 3 years ago, anyhow I discovered that the bike is what I enjoy the most and dropped triathlon for the sake of my knees and looking forward for many many years of this amazing sport (cycling).

Currently I own a 2009 Cervelo P1, as it was my first bike and I feel attached to it, even though I barely use it these days. I also have a 2011 Time RXRS Ulteam with Dura Ace and 2 sets of wheels: Corima Aero+ Tubular and Lightweight Std III Tubular.

So here comes the good part:

I´m putting together a De Rosa King 3 RS but right know I´m struggling with the slopy geometry, as I don´t know how tall both the saddle and handlebar should be. I already figured out how to cut and position the saddle by reading some other trend on this forums. However I don´t know how to define the dimmensions, consider that there is a distance of 76 cms (BB centre to the top of my saddle) and 60 cms (front wheel axle to the top of my stem, which is a zero degree 110 mm). Should I just do some trigonometry or what?

Another option could be to fit the bike with a retul system and hope that the LBS knows how to handle the situation (there are no De Rosa dealers in Mexico) .

Thanks in advance =D

Ronaldo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 pm 

Assuming your current bike fits, you need to keep the distances between the 3 contact points (saddle, crank, bars) the same.

Assuming the same length crank, measure how far behind your bb your saddle is. Use the same model saddle on the new bike, at the same height from the bb, and the same position back.

Measure the distance from tip of saddle to bars. Measure bars to ground. Use that to fit stem/spacers to keep the new bike bars at the same position.

This should give you a good start. Take a couple of wrenches on the first ride and experiment as necessary.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:43 pm 

Thanks for the advice Snotrocket!

I'll do the measurements and see how it goes.