HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am
Posts: 10
Hi all, ordered Cento Uno in Matte Black, xs size. I´m a bit confused of what kind of BB parts (bearings, cups? etc) needed for the cranks. Campagnolo Chorus Carbon groupset will be installed. Read about FSA Wilier BB386EVO, is this the one i should buy? Can somebody simplify for me? All the figures and numbers related to BB.. is a bit too complicated for me, as i´m not specially good in mec.

I do post pictures when the Italian Stallion is ready, meanwhile riding with my Wilier Izoard Xp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:12 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 pm
Posts: 170
Location: South Florida
Willieboy and JasonSV both have BB386 bikes and run campagnolo cranks on them. Maybe you can PM them and see what they used to make it work. You can definitely use the FSA cranks, although why go generic when you are running something as sexy as campy.

With the appropriate adapters any crank can be used as long as the spindle is long enough (BB30 specific cranks wont work)

Rotor also makes a BB386 compatible crank (3D, 3DF and 3D+) and BB system that doesnt require any adapters.

Edit: link to the bikes of Willie and Jason (page 2)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117760&start=15

_________________
"Ride till I die, well not really I'm too young to die"

The New: BH http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117760
The Old: Trek http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110051


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:12 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 431
WetWillie wrote:
Hi all, ordered Cento Uno in Matte Black, xs size. I´m a bit confused of what kind of BB parts (bearings, cups? etc) needed for the cranks. Campagnolo Chorus Carbon groupset will be installed. Read about FSA Wilier BB386EVO, is this the one i should buy? Can somebody simplify for me? All the figures and numbers related to BB.. is a bit too complicated for me, as i´m not specially good in mec.

I do post pictures when the Italian Stallion is ready, meanwhile riding with my Wilier Izoard Xp


Wilier ship the frames with adaptor cups for Shimano and Campagnolo cranks, so if you're buying it new the retailer should supply them to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am
Posts: 10
Wilier ship the frames with adaptor cups for Shimano and Campagnolo cranks, so if you're buying it new the retailer should supply them to you.[/quote]

Thank You very much for the information, will call the dealer.

Brgds, Björn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am
Posts: 10
wpccrunner wrote:
Willieboy and JasonSV both have BB386 bikes and run campagnolo cranks on them. Maybe you can PM them and see what they used to make it work. You can definitely use the FSA cranks, although why go generic when you are running something as sexy as campy.

With the appropriate adapters any crank can be used as long as the spindle is long enough (BB30 specific cranks wont work)

Rotor also makes a BB386 compatible crank (3D, 3DF and 3D+) and BB system that doesnt require any adapters.

Edit: link to the bikes of Willie and Jason (page 2)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117760&start=15


Thank's a lot for the info.

Brgds, Björn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am
Posts: 10
Hi all, getting frustrated with too much info in the net. Hopefully, kindly answer few question i have in my mind.

Frame Cento uno, BB shell is "empty" no bearings etc.
Crankset Campa Chorus carbon Ultra Torque, bearings fitted.

Is the Campagnolo Ultra Torque OS Fit kit necessary or does the cranks fit without them?
If necessary, what size must i have?

68x42 or 68x46 or 86,5x41

Would appreciate a lot if getting advise for this matter.

Best Regards, Björn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 431
Do you have the frame yet?

Everything you need should come with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am
Posts: 10
wingguy wrote:
Do you have the frame yet?

Everything you need should come with it.


I have the frame and Campagnolo cranks, with the frame no usable parts for assembly.

Can it really be so difficult to fit these cranks into the BB, all I need is help from somebody who could tell me in words, what parts I need for this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 am
Posts: 672
Location: Pack filler
I presume something like this is needed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mr-ride-BB386 ... 1365215676

The standard ultratorque bearing should fit in the cups which screw together inside the shell to stay at the required 86mm width. That's how I understand it anyway.
Bearings should be on your crankset..

_________________
Official cafe stop tester


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am
Posts: 10
jekyll man wrote:
I presume something like this is needed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mr-ride-BB386 ... 1365215676

The standard ultratorque bearing should fit in the cups which screw together inside the shell to stay at the required 86mm width. That's how I understand it anyway.
Bearings should be on your crankset..


Thank you very much, have to take closer look. More questions rising!!!! Seems like my frame is Di2, the BB housing is different on DS, comparing with normal Cento1 frame DS, what do You guys think, does Campa UT set fit the Di2 BB without any tricks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 61
Whether a frame is Di2 compatible or not does not have any effect on the bottom bracket dimensions. You might want to be more specific on what frame you have. Do you have a wilier cento uno sr or just a cento uno? Your title and posts indicate you have a cento uno which does not have a bb386 evo bottom bracket, but rather a bb94 I believe... I am also pretty sure 2012 was the last year they made that frame, with the introduction of the cento uno sr in 2013, which does have a bb386 bb. The cento uno sr is both mechanical and Di2 compatible , so still a little confused on what frame you have.

At this point I would just suggest taking your frame and components to your local bike shop and letting them sort it out. Seems like the simplest and most hassle free option at this point.

_________________
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112392 -Gallium Pro
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=100286" -Trek Madone


Last edited by hornedfrog on Wed May 28, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 41
It's a regular Cento Uno and not an SR or Air, right? If so, the cranks slide straight into the frame without any adaptors. The Cento BB is designed for Campy cranks and requires an adaptor for everything else. You also need the Campy clip that holds in the drive side half. The BB has a groove and two holes for it to lock into.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am
Posts: 10
hornedfrog wrote:
Whether a frame is Di2 compatible or not does not have any effect on the bottom bracket dimensions. You might want to be more specific on what frame you have. Do you have a wilier cento uno sr or just a cento uno? Your title and posts indicate you have a cento uno which does not have a bb386 evo bottom bracket, but rather a bb93 I believe... I am also pretty sure 2012 was the last year they made that frame, with the introduction of the cento uno sr in 2013, which does have a bb386 bb. The cento uno sr is both mechanical and Di2 compatible , so still a little confused on what frame you have.

At this point I would just suggest taking your frame and components to your local bike shop and letting them sort it out. Seems like the simplest and most hassle free option at this point.


The frame is 2012 Cento 1 Di2, right you are, BB94. Nearest reseller for Wilier in Finland is abt. 6hrs drive by car, wanted despite the problems, at least trying to sort it out myself. The BB in my frame has some threads inside (DS). Also the DS, outer edge of the BB housing is missing the groove wehereas the locking pin should be assembled?


Last edited by WetWillie on Thu May 29, 2014 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:43 pm
Posts: 83
Determine what Bottom Bracket you exactly have.
All Bottom Brackets have their own specific dimensions.
Stop the guessing and just measure with a device like in this pic.
Don't have one? Buy one, Analog or Digital and learn how to use it. :wink:


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 41
Post a pic of the frame and/or the BB, then there will be no confusion on our part regarding what you have. Also, what does it say on the BB? Wilier labels everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:57 am 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 55 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 owners ?

in Road

SolongSid

5

655

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:23 am

kgt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Integrated seatpost on wilier cento 1 sr

in Road

Zimba99

4

257

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:06 pm

wingguy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Changing bottom bracket on Wilier Cento Uno SR ?

in Road

SolongSid

0

187

Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:19 pm

SolongSid View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Newbie Question - SRAM Rival

in Road

Trow

5

581

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:03 pm

btompkins0112 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Wilier Cento 100th (2006) seatpost diameter ?

in Road

Storm

0

89

Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Storm View the latest post


It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB