New SRM gives crazy max power and cadence for ride summary

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ufgators

by Ufgators

Has anyone heard of this? I purchased my 3rd SRM and I currently use all of them on a garmin 800. The newest SRM I purchased seems to record accurate immediate and avg power data, but gives me crazy data like a max power of 2508 for my last ride when I know that I didnt go over 900 watts. I also saw that it recorded the avg cadence as 82 rpm but max cadence as 7rpm. What gives? I tried calling SRM but was on hold for 20 mins before I hung up.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

sounds like water damage, mine did the same. There was a crack in the body. Hope you get warranty or have deep pocket as it will not likely require new internals and expensive is an under statement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dammit

by Dammit

What happens when you try a different head unit?

Ufgators

by Ufgators

I have not tried a different head unit. Perhaps that Will be next. I could swear I don't have this problem with my other power meters using the same head unit. I am going on a ride in a bit. Will know soon.

Dammit

by Dammit

My other question would be are these crazy figures showing on the head unit, or in Training Peaks/WKO/whatever analytical program you use?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ufgators

by Ufgators

No problem today on other bike. Next step is to see if the error is only in garmin connect