2013 Canyon Bikes - Full pricing and specifications!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cula_ru

by cula_ru

KWalker wrote:Also running the saddle correctly would help keep your weight centered as opposed to falling forward and off the bike.

Tinea Pedis wrote:Rotating the bars correctly would also help.

Thanks for the tips.
Done a small 30km ride today with 4 and 5 hex keys on the back pocket for adjustments on the go :)

Small corrections on saddle position and tilt about 10mm up and forward, and handlebar tilt.
The bike feels more comfortable now, but the handlebar still feels too narrow with 400mm wide... hmmm na I don't like it...

check out some more pictures here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1120289255 ... OmolujpxwE

jsprbcn wrote:1st road bike and an SLX... well done!

yes it's an awesome bike very light and very stiff it's impressive, you cant bend the seat stays 1mm with all your strength! :shock:
And looks cool too :D

PPS only takes inseam into account? Thats not very good prediction for frame size.. found that out the bad way. Pay attention if you're going to buy a new canyon! ;)
PPS info:
height: 171
inseam: 81
weight: 71kg now 72...
Shoulders: 45
arms: 59
torso: 63

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

I think you're on the right size frame. I ride a M(56) in this geo. Talk to Canyon about swapping the stem/bar. My PPS info for comparison.

Body height: 178
Inseam: 86
Body weight: 64
Shoulder width: 40
Arm length: 67
Torso length: 61

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micropox

by micropox

cula_ru wrote:
KWalker wrote:Also running the saddle correctly would help keep your weight centered as opposed to falling forward and off the bike.

Tinea Pedis wrote:Rotating the bars correctly would also help.

Thanks for the tips.
Done a small 30km ride today with 4 and 5 hex keys on the back pocket for adjustments on the go :)

Small corrections on saddle position and tilt about 10mm up and forward, and handlebar tilt.
The bike feels more comfortable now, but the handlebar still feels too narrow with 400mm wide... hmmm na I don't like it...

check out some more pictures here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1120289255 ... OmolujpxwE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jsprbcn wrote:1st road bike and an SLX... well done!

yes it's an awesome bike very light and very stiff it's impressive, you cant bend the seat stays 1mm with all your strength! :shock:
And looks cool too :D

PPS only takes inseam into account? Thats not very good prediction for frame size.. found that out the bad way. Pay attention if you're going to buy a new canyon! ;)
PPS info:
height: 171
inseam: 81
weight: 71kg now 72...
Shoulders: 45
arms: 59
torso: 63

Hi cula_ru, what is your saddle height?

cula_ru

by cula_ru

hi,

I didn't have the opportunity to measure it yet but from the top of the saddle to the pedal should be 82 or 83cm (my leg is stretched)

Now finally I have a response from lady Canyon! what kind of internet based company takes at least an entire day to answer to a simple email?? canyon!....
And the previous time they took 4 days! how ridiculous!...

They say they have the bike in stock and can change it for the size M or change the handlebar + stem, which I have to send to them anyway.
Now I don't really know what should I do because anyway I'll be without bike for 1 week or two! :evil:
Then the bike has some 200km now, I don't really know if they'll be asking me for money for the change because of the wear the bike has already. It's still new but used...
Or just keep it and spend more money on bigger parts

best decision needed :)

Murphs

by Murphs

Haha ONLY 4 days from Canyon is more like it, you should count yourself lucky.

Seriously, you need to get yourself fitted before you swap for a whole new bike.

To me, it just looks like you need a longer stem and wider bars (which is not really Canyon's problem).

Lewis

by Lewis

wevergo2 wrote:Update: new carbon wheelset.
][/url]

This is a gorgeous machine!
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

Lewis

by Lewis

vamoscycling wrote:Don't forget Canyons are made of cheap German plastic and when the derailleur hanger breaks in half for no reason and snaps the frame you will be without a bike. All this after only a years use and a patronizing email from Canyon to show for it.
r

That's bad news. What happened here? Elaborate!
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

russianbear

by russianbear

Any bigger riders have stiffness issue (bb or headtube) with the Aeroad? I'm 88kg.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

russianbear wrote:Any bigger riders have stiffness issue (bb or headtube) with the Aeroad? I'm 88kg.

Can't say personally but that seems to be one of the issues you read in magazine reviews, seems the Aeroad lags behind other aero bikes in terms of stiffness.

russianbear

by russianbear

Follow up question on the Aeroad. I used the sizing guide on the canyon website and it put me on a 60/XL sized bikes. Right now I ride a XXL/61 scott cr1(pre addict one) with a 130mm -17 degree stem with 5mm of spacers under it. My fit feels good right now. I am 192cm tall, cycling inseam of 91cm, saddle height at ~83cm. The aeroad head tube is shorter geometry wise than on the cr1 I think - haven't checked yet.

What would you say about sizing?

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

I have Bianchi pista which I use on the open road to practice cadence/endurance. On my Bianchi I have mounted a front brake as I do not dare to go without. As I got my SLX some weeks ago I started looking at the Canyon V-drome, but I cannot find if the carbon fork is prepared for a front brake (like on the Cinelli Mash track bikes there is a hole, but on the front you have to pinch it).
Does anybody knows this?

I have sent an email to Canyon but I did not get a convincing answer to put my Bianchi for sale and get me a V-drome :-)

Lewis

by Lewis

vamoscycling wrote:Don't forget Canyons are made of cheap German plastic and when the derailleur hanger breaks in half for no reason and snaps the frame you will be without a bike. All this after only a years use and a patronizing email from Canyon to show for it.

IMAG0042 by vamoscycling, on Flickr

What was the outcome of this? :|
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

jsprbcn wrote:I have Bianchi pista which I use on the open road to practice cadence/endurance. On my Bianchi I have mounted a front brake as I do not dare to go without. As I got my SLX some weeks ago I started looking at the Canyon V-drome, but I cannot find if the carbon fork is prepared for a front brake (like on the Cinelli Mash track bikes there is a hole, but on the front you have to pinch it).
Does anybody knows this?

I have sent an email to Canyon but I did not get a convincing answer to put my Bianchi for sale and get me a V-drome :-)

I did a very quick Google search (search Images for "Canyon V-Drome") and quickly found an answer for you: NO.
Source:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pho ... 011/140662
Quote:
"The deep-section carbon fork doesn't even have a mounting hole for a front brake - track use only, please!"
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Thanks, I have encounterd the same image from Bike Radar.
First Canyon Netherlands confirmed that is was not possible.... so no change of track bike for me :-(

biotin

by biotin

Any news on 2014 models coming in?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com