2013 Canyon Bikes - Full pricing and specifications!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

I have the 2012 U AL. The decals are painted on top of the anodising, with no clear coat (afaik). Can't imagine the 2013 being different.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wevergo2

by wevergo2

New 2013 frame:

Bingomck

by Bingomck

Awesome. Lots of branding but still looks great. Congrats

wevergo2

by wevergo2

Bingomck wrote:Awesome. Lots of branding but still looks great. Congrats

Ready to race! :D

Size: M
Group set: Sram Force
Wheelset: Mavic Aksium WTS, (Tyres: Mavic Aksion)

dvincere

by dvincere

Bingomck wrote:Awesome. Lots of branding but still looks great. Congrats

Man, it is an awesome looking bike but... well I'll just say if it had Canyon.com written on it about 36 fewer times, I'd have one in the mail.
Last edited by dvincere on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

How many times does Canyon.com appear on the frame and fork? I'm guessing 16, but I'm having to extrapolate from the pictures, and that extrapolation might not be correct.

russianbear

by russianbear

Wish they would've just gone with Canyon rather than adding the .com.

GT56

by GT56

russianbear wrote:Wish they would've just gone with Canyon rather than adding the .com.

well, they sell exclusively through the www, so it is part of their identity

duz10s

by duz10s

i dont understand why they wont ship to countries such as Australia, i would buy a frame tomorrow if they shipped
2015 RCA with Di2

vonGram

by vonGram

russianbear wrote:Wish they would've just gone with Canyon rather than adding the .com.

Couldn't agree more. I was thinking of having my 2012 frame replaced with one that is a size smaller. However, with this new Canyon.com clutter, there is no way I would do that. Just don't get the new look...
Anybody know if the decals can be removed?

hansonator69

by hansonator69

duz10s wrote:i dont understand why they wont ship to countries such as Australia, i would buy a frame tomorrow if they shipped

This. I'd buy an Ultimate AL without hesitation if they shipped here!
Slam your stem.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

I'm starting to regret buying one already and it's not even built yet!

My own fault I know, but just got back from the LBS and whilst there I purchased a Zipp SL145 stem which once home I find will not fit the fork steerer due to the steerer being oversize. Although the frame, an Ultimate AL came with a Ritchey stem, i'm not a fan of Ritchey stuff and the stem is too short anyway (I didn't request the length I usually require as I wasn't going to use it on the final build), so what choices do I have stem wise?

Double gutted as I also purchased a pair of Zipp bars that whilst in the shop they shortened the bottom of the drops in length so i cant return the bars now, only the stem.

Also concerned about the number of stories of creaking bottom brackets.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Looks like a Syntace F199 then!

jekyll man

by jekyll man

@ Lone wheeler; yep its definitely your fault- should have done a little more homework, its not Canyons fault...

Call or email Canyon. They will exchange your stem for a different length for only a small charge. Turn around is pretty quick too :)

Previously they came with Syntace or FSA before the Ritchey ones. I have a 110mm Syntace lying around, and its the same weight to the gram as my 120mm Ritchey. The Ritchey also looks better than the Syntace. You could ask if they have any of the older ones floating around.

There is another thread somewhere on here from last year querying what other options there are; Giant + Specialized both use 1.25 stems now, but Canyon were always pretty specific in saying you should only use the options supplied through them. Maybe this is because of the I-lock system and no compression plug in the fork. I suspect the Giant + spesh stems are pretty hard to get from stock anyway.
Official cafe stop tester

elviento

by elviento

pricing is hard to do, as the distributor needs room for profit but the business model doesnt allow it. if cc prices are much higher than canyon website, then its bad for their reputation. we are going through exactly that agony.

chiltonp wrote:I know at one point Competitive Cyclist had plans to bring Canyon to the U.S.

I have heard nothing lately, have these plans been scraped?
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com