2013 Canyon Bikes - Full pricing and specifications!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fa63

by fa63

Americans are a lawsuit happy bunch, which I am sure has an influence on why Canyon won't ship here.

aerozy

by aerozy

Just called Canyon asking about the possibility of changing some of the specs on a complete bike. They said that its not possible. I would have been interested in the SLX or Aeroroad if they had a less "bling" paintjob. Having Erik Zabel's signature or a katusha logo down the seat tube doesnt really do it for me. Also it doesnt make much sense to me to have the SLX frame with Mavic Cosmic 80's which weigh a ton! :unbelievable: (1750gr). Some mavic ultimates on that bike would make more sense.

Guess I'll have to buy the frame and Di2 9070 separately. Dam
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

You are talking about the ETE version right? The neon green isa killer paintjob, though I dislike the Zabel's handwriting down the tube as well. The 8cm depth Mavic is a bit of a mismatch with the supposedly light SLX frame. Don't know how they come up with that.

The frameset should be available soon. I hate this year aeroad paintjob. All these Canyon.com all over the frame. Last year stealth black on black colorway was much better. I should have bought it. Shame.

aerozy

by aerozy

Just noticed that the new frames now use a press-fit bottom bracket. The shimano stock frames come with a BB92 BB.

Does this mean Canyon have adopted the "TREK" BB90 standard?

Just wondering as Im considering getting a power2max to go along with a new canyon build.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

fa63 wrote:Americans are a lawsuit happy bunch, which I am sure has an influence on why Canyon won't ship here.

Nothing to do with it.

GT56

by GT56

aerozy wrote:Just called Canyon asking about the possibility of changing some of the specs on a complete bike. They said that its not possible. I would have been interested in the SLX or Aeroroad if they had a less "bling" paintjob. Having Erik Zabel's signature or a katusha logo down the seat tube doesnt really do it for me. Also it doesnt make much sense to me to have the SLX frame with Mavic Cosmic 80's which weigh a ton! :unbelievable: (1750gr). Some mavic ultimates on that bike would make more sense.

what i understood is that the red ('katusha') bike comes with the katusha and component supplier decals not attached to the bike, some could be the case for the signature

cheers

aerozy

by aerozy

GT56 wrote:
aerozy wrote:Just called Canyon asking about the possibility of changing some of the specs on a complete bike. They said that its not possible. I would have been interested in the SLX or Aeroroad if they had a less "bling" paintjob. Having Erik Zabel's signature or a katusha logo down the seat tube doesnt really do it for me. Also it doesnt make much sense to me to have the SLX frame with Mavic Cosmic 80's which weigh a ton! :unbelievable: (1750gr). Some mavic ultimates on that bike would make more sense.

what i understood is that the red ('katusha') bike comes with the katusha and component supplier decals not attached to the bike, some could be the case for the signature

cheers

Just called Canyon. Sales rep says that the sponsorship logos on the Aeroroad and Mr Erik Zabels signature on the SLX are part of the frames paintjob so it’s not possible to remove. Also confirmed that you cannot change a single item on the bike. I even asked if I could purchase the bike minus the wheels and the answer is “No”. All or nothing it seems. Shame.

Only thing you can specify is bar width and stem length.

GT56

by GT56

from canyon's website the red cf slx di2, the bottom right of the text block below the picture:(Separate Katusha logo and sponsor decals for the seat stays are included)

maybe not the case for the aeroad, but who really knows

i have had different replies from different sales reps regarding one and the same issue......
Last edited by GT56 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

As much I like my Canyon, but customer service and pretty much all of the rest about Canyon is a pain in the ass!
Typically German customer service, it sucks and I'm German.
Love our service here in the US.

aerozy

by aerozy

Hey folks! Im about to bite the bullet on the new SLX ETE with the new Di2 9070 group.

Called Canyon (again!) with a few more questions. I was curious about where the battery was placed. Seems like they have placed it in the downtube which in turn is accessible through some special BB opening. Charging is done at the DI2 junction by the bars. Sounds like a neat setup! :)

I'll be selling the Mavic 80 WTS wheels as soon as I receive them. If anyone is interested pm me!

EDIT: Ordered it! Expected delivery date: Week 20 2013! Thats a full 7months away! Holly cow! :unbelievable:
Last edited by aerozy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vonGram

by vonGram

Frankie13 wrote:As much I like my Canyon, but customer service and pretty much all of the rest about Canyon is a pain in the ass!
Typically German customer service, it sucks and I'm German.
Love our service here in the US.

My feelings are exactly the same. I absolutely love their products (both looks and function), but if their product didn't sell itself like it does... I would never buy from them.

I've been in contact with them several times over the phone (due to mistakes they made) and it ha been a outright uphill battle each time...

wilebreizhou

by wilebreizhou

aerozy wrote:Just noticed that the new frames now use a press-fit bottom bracket. The shimano stock frames come with a BB92 BB.

Does this mean Canyon have adopted the "TREK" BB90 standard?

Just wondering as Im considering getting a power2max to go along with a new canyon build.

Does anyone confirm BB92 bottom bracket on the new Aeroad and CF SLX ?

aerozy

by aerozy

^ Im sure both frames have an 86mm BB shell. So not sure if that makes it BB86 or BB92. Whats the difference exactly?

I think I saw on the video presentation that its compatible with all press fit BB's whatever that means. OK Im confused! :roll:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

If I could afford 1, i'd get 2!

gravity

by gravity

For those who have actually purchased from Canyon, do they actually ship the item on the week that is promised upon purchase? The pricing on the SLX is really unbelievable, especially for bikes with DA9000. Don't know if it's better to purchase now or purchase later when their production is stabled. It seems all of the SLX will only be shipped out March 2013 at the earliest. Seems long considering it's not a custom..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com