2013 Canyon Bikes - Full pricing and specifications!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattyb95

by mattyb95

I bought an Ultimate CF frame in the Summer and it actually shipped early. Also although I ordered it with a 6 week lead time, they only charged my credit card nearer the time of shipping. I think they authorised payment at the time of order as my bank got in a fuss about the German charge and blocked it initially but then sorted that and then got another e-mail nearer the time where I needed to complete the transaction prior to shipping.

Best bet is to ask Canyon, you don't want to miss out but similarly you may not want them sitting on your cash for 5 months say if they charge up front.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Juggler

by Juggler

Good news for some of you...

Canyon has now decided to listen to all the demands... and they are putting 2013 "frames only" up for sale :)

Check their homepage for further info.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Omiar

by Omiar

wilebreizhou wrote:
aerozy wrote:Just noticed that the new frames now use a press-fit bottom bracket. The shimano stock frames come with a BB92 BB.

Does this mean Canyon have adopted the "TREK" BB90 standard?

Just wondering as Im considering getting a power2max to go along with a new canyon build.

Does anyone confirm BB92 bottom bracket on the new Aeroad and CF SLX ?

As per Canyon website, they come with the new SM-BB92-41B bottom bracket cups. The 92 does not stand for 92mm though, it's still for 86x41mm frames.
The current bottom bracket cups at Dura-Ace level are marked as "SM-BB91-41B", so the new on is just an upgrade.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

gravity

by gravity

@mattyb95thanks mate, thats a good info.

hna

by hna

Juggler wrote:Good news for some of you...

Canyon has now decided to listen to all the demands... and they are putting 2013 "frames only" up for sale :)

Check their homepage for further info.

Their not exactly submitting to any demands... They stated already when they launched their 2013 website that the frames were intended to be available for sale after a short time.

Juggler

by Juggler

Copy-paste from Canyon's Facebook site:

The framesets 2013 are online. We couldn't overhear your call for the frames so we got 5 framesets back into our 2013 lineup. And as usual at CANYON, licensed and junior racers can save extra money at canyon.com/

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Looks like the frame set will not be available until May or June 2013.

Juggler

by Juggler

Frankie13 wrote:Looks like the frame set will not be available until May or June 2013.

It sucks...

Not that I have any problems with that, since I just got my new Aeroad this summer - and I am pleased I bought the 2012 model in stealth black (without all the "canyon.com" spread all over).

But I have also ordered the new Speedmax - and there is no delivery date yet. Getting a bit worried, that it won't be ready for the events during spring/summer.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Does seem deliveries are all a bit late for the 2013 stock, if you were in the market for a new frame, May/June is surely a bit late in the season if you are a racer.

wevergo2

by wevergo2

Ordered twice a bicycle.
Both times 1 to 2 weeks earlier delivered than was agreed.
Reply to mails: answer within two days.
No complaints so far. :D
Best regards, wevergo, Netherlands.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I'm in Germany at the moment on vacation and did visit Canyon headquarters yesterday. All the new models for 2013 already sold out and no chance for me to pick up the new Ultimate 2013 frame set. They told me the delivery dates on the web are still the ones to go by.
Anyway, I'm still happy with my 2012 and can wait until kw21.
I will post some picks I took later.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

If they've sold out already who knows what supply issues they would have if they started shipping to Australia...
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Which is why we cannot expect them to open back up to retail down here (and why they stopped in the first place).

ichobi

by ichobi

The 2013 aeroad paintjob is fugly to put it mildly. Too loud imo. I hope they bring back the stealth colorway sometime soon. Can't find any 2nd hand either. Should have cop'd one during the clearance, shouldn't have waited really.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stockie

by Stockie

Is there any one who has the black anodised 2013 ultimate AL frame? are the white decals painted on?
(if so you could just strip the paint and have a completely black stealth frame)
I Will make the leap