New Hollowgram Spidering

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

quaman26

by quaman26

I just saw that the new one piece cannondale spidering for the hollowgram cranks are now available at cannondale experts but the price is way higher that what I originally read it would be.

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/search ... &search=GO

When it was announced, I remember it being mentioned that the pricing of the spidering would be in the $150 range. But its being sold for more than double that. I wonder if that is just because its new and they are taking advantage of that fact or that would be the standard price in the market.

SUCycling88

by SUCycling88

If I remember correctly it was stated the price would be somewhere under the price of a new set of DA rings, which it is... The $150 number is completely unrealistic for a spider and rings, which in this case is all in one. If you can get this cheaper than a set of DA rings who's crank is actually cheaper than the old version of the Hollowgram I consider this a win.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

quaman26

by quaman26

I looked for where I read it from and it was from Bikeradar.com. Here it is

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ngs-34365/

Of course, not sure how accurate their information are too.

SUCycling88

by SUCycling88

I have no idea where they got their information but when I spoke with my local rep a few months back he was guesstimating it would be somewhere around a full set of DA rings... maybe they missed a typo?

VNTech

by VNTech

Indeed, I was told by Cannondale at Eurobike that they would be just under the price of a set of DA rings. Looks like they hit the target.
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech