New Hollowgram Spidering

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

quaman26

by quaman26

I just saw that the new one piece cannondale spidering for the hollowgram cranks are now available at cannondale experts but the price is way higher that what I originally read it would be.

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/search ... &search=GO

When it was announced, I remember it being mentioned that the pricing of the spidering would be in the $150 range. But its being sold for more than double that. I wonder if that is just because its new and they are taking advantage of that fact or that would be the standard price in the market.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SUCycling88

by SUCycling88

If I remember correctly it was stated the price would be somewhere under the price of a new set of DA rings, which it is... The $150 number is completely unrealistic for a spider and rings, which in this case is all in one. If you can get this cheaper than a set of DA rings who's crank is actually cheaper than the old version of the Hollowgram I consider this a win.

quaman26

by quaman26

I looked for where I read it from and it was from Bikeradar.com. Here it is

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ngs-34365/

Of course, not sure how accurate their information are too.

SUCycling88

by SUCycling88

I have no idea where they got their information but when I spoke with my local rep a few months back he was guesstimating it would be somewhere around a full set of DA rings... maybe they missed a typo?

VNTech

by VNTech

Indeed, I was told by Cannondale at Eurobike that they would be just under the price of a set of DA rings. Looks like they hit the target.
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech