Dura Ace Bottom Bracket Drag

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

ticou wrote:One ceramic front wheel spun for 12 mins with a 3 mph push, and yes, the owner did see a real world difference.

when i was 14 or so, i timed the spin on my bmx front wheel, it was a murray with steel hub and poo bearings. it spun for 11min or so. i did push it harder than 3mph to start, though. comparatively, the rear spun for 1.5min. still, the point about loading the bearing to see what it will be doing in the real world applies.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Good to know this is normal. Back to riding the bike.

sawyer

by sawyer

The spin in the stand is of course under some load.

No-one actually believes there's no correlation between stand and road spin do they? :wink:
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

boysa

by boysa

There is definitely some correlation, at least in my opinion. I have a beautiful Chris King bb, but it doesn't spin anywhere near as freely as the Campagnolo Super Record bb I had on before. That thing was ridiculous.

I've also been thinking about this issue as it relates to pedal bearings, and because of that have actually considered switching from Look to Campy or Shimano.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

ticou

by ticou

boysa wrote:There is definitely some correlation, at least in my opinion. I have a beautiful Chris King bb, but it doesn't spin anywhere near as freely as the Campagnolo Super Record bb I had on before. That thing was ridiculous.

I've also been thinking about this issue as it relates to pedal bearings, and because of that have actually considered switching from Look to Campy or Shimano.

Thanks for that Boysa, I was trapped in the Borazon kingdom of Shim for awhile there.