Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Anders

by Anders

freeloader wrote:With some mediocre soldering skill, i managed to make it myself -

2) male end to SM-BCR2 - 2 Pin power connector http://www.technologicalarts.ca/shop/co ... e0c0c3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return

Battery, charger and cable has been ordered and I just have one question. Which terminal on the charger connector need to go to which terminal on the EW-SD50 connector?

freeloader

by freeloader

For EW-SD50 female/male connectors, the outer contact is negative and inner contact is postive
For the charger SM-BCR2, right contact is negative and left is positive from the orientation of this picture(provided by another user in the forum) -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aadster

by aadster

Hi everybody, long time lurker turning to my first post :)

So im looking to replace the groupset on my 2013 team carbon boardman Ltd Ed ( Tiagra / Shimano 105 mech, Tektro calipers, FSA Gossamer compact 50x34T crank, Shimano CS4600 casette, KMC X10 Chain, FSA BB30) with the full ultegra DI2 GS... so far as I can see from the listings the weight wont change that much, maybe reduce a little,.. other than the obvious benefits of electronic gearing, can anyone suggest any advantages or otherwise of taking this particular plunge? Anyone tried? Am I mad?
Thanks

Anders

by Anders

You will not regret it. I have been on mechanical Ultegra, SR11, Red 2013 and now have UDi2. I'll never go back to mechanical again. The reviews are all true it shifts perfect.

freeloader

by freeloader

It still has to be properly tuned, other dependent components have to be in working order as well.
My chainrings are bent, it's not shifting as smooth as i expect... :(

dha

by dha

Yeah agree on the proper setup. Have switched my di2 parts from one frame to another one. The front shifting is not perfect yet, the tolerances are very tight for perfect shifting and trimming. My BB wasn't fully flush with the frame and it caused the chain rings to be slightly out and they rubbed. I would say it is harder than mechanical to get a perfect setup with di2, but once it is set up correctly it is fantastic.

aadster

by aadster

great thanks, full steam ahead.. am I right in thinking that the 6700 versus 6750 crankset choice is a matter of personal choice with the 6750 "compact" merely indicating a smaller front gear (50t vs 53t)?
Cheers :)

dha

by dha

Yes, 6700 is standard double, 6703 is triple and 6750 is compact version. I run the compact version and have done on both bikes the di2 has been on.

aadster

by aadster

thanks - is it worth getting the chainset too? Has anyone noticed any problems using non ultegra crank, chain or casette?

dha

by dha

There are some reports of less than perfect shifting when you don't use the shimano cranks, but if they are set up well then it shouldn't be a massive issue. No experience myself though

Omiar

by Omiar

I have Rotor cranks and q-rings. Shifts fine without any FD tuning.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

notaero

by notaero

Short battery life issue:

I have a combination of
FD-6770 at 2.0.2
RD-6770 at 2.0.2
SM-EW67-A-E at original (2011) firmware
SM-BTR2 2.1.1
ST-6770 at original (2011) firmware

I'm currently using the older SM-EW67-A junction because I am waiting for some short wires to arrive so I can swap in the EW90. When I need to charge I swap in the SM-EW90-A at 2.1.0 in place of the EW67. This is also how I updated the firmware on the other components. I've been too lazy to pull up bar tape and update the front shifters.

Unfortunately I'm having to charge the battery daily, since I am reaching the point where I loose front derailer shift function the day after about 2hrs/65km's of riding. I think this may be due to the EW67 with old firmware, or the shifters. Can anyone confirm this, or offer advice? Thanks.

Omiar

by Omiar

I doubt anyone can. Upgrading FW would be the first step.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

freeloader

by freeloader

Hi notaero,

i guess u updated all components, except SM-EW67-A-E and ST-6770, using SM-EW90-A and SM-BCR2. And you are unable to update SM-EW67-A-E because only 1 EW junction can be detected by E-tube?

notaero

by notaero

Freeloader, thats correct. I'm starting to think it might be another issue though, as It's gone 3+ days on the last charge. Perhaps I stored it against the wall with the shift button held down, if that could cause any issues? (I would have thought not though). Hopefully I'll have cables and EW90 installed in the next few days and I'll update everything then.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com