Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Leonel

by Leonel

goodboyr wrote:Works with the older junction just fine.

yes ,it does

Choco

by Choco

I think my issue is that I am able to upgrade all firmwares except the EW67.
I have two Di2 bikes, one with an EW67 and another with the new EW90 + BCR2.
I have been upgrading firmware using the EW90/BCR2, but you can't plug another junction (EW67) into the EW90 to upgrade... if that makes sense?
The only solution I see is to use a PCE1? - bugger that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

Or you could lose the sm-ew67 and get another sm-ew90 and two more cables.

Hubert

by Hubert

bonafide wrote:Hubert, how about chainrings? Will theh 9-10 speed chainrings work or do we have to buy 11-speed?

Thanks

What exact combination do you have in mind?

I have used a 7900 SRM on my 9000 and 9070 equipped bikes; however, this is NOT an officially recommended combination or compatibility.

The 9-speed is out of the question.

Also, remember that all Shimano 11-speed chainrings have the new 4-arm BCD and bolt pattern. In the long run, you'd be better off just getting an 11-speed Shimano crank.
Turn down the suck knob.

Hubert

by Hubert

Choco wrote:I think my issue is that I am able to upgrade all firmwares except the EW67.
I have two Di2 bikes, one with an EW67 and another with the new EW90 + BCR2.
I have been upgrading firmware using the EW90/BCR2, but you can't plug another junction (EW67) into the EW90 to upgrade... if that makes sense?
The only solution I see is to use a PCE1? - bugger that.

Have you tried using the SMEW90 on the SMEW67 bike? If you had two extra 350mm wires, you could try your EW90 to upgrade the firmware on the SMEW67A bike and then use the BCR2 charger to do the update.

Failing that, you'll need to get your hands on an SMPCE1 and once you've upgraded the firmware on that bike, you can replace the SMEW67 with SMEW90A/B.
Turn down the suck knob.

Choco

by Choco

Hubert wrote:Have you tried using the SMEW90 on the SMEW67 bike? If you had two extra 350mm wires, you could try your EW90 to upgrade the firmware on the SMEW67A bike and then use the BCR2 charger to do the update.

Failing that, you'll need to get your hands on an SMPCE1 and once you've upgraded the firmware on that bike, you can replace the SMEW67 with SMEW90A/B.

Yep have tried all possible combo's of wiring I can think of.
E-tube also prompts you that it can only work with one junction at a time plugged in, ain't no tricking it. No biggie, I'll just have to replace the EW67 in good time.

415brian

by 415brian

I don't think anyone's asked, but AFAICT, you cannot use SM-BCR2 charger to charge the SM-BTR1 (original) battery. I have the following setup on my TT bike:

+ SM-EW90-B: 5-port junction with micro-USB charging port
+ SM-BTR1: original battery; not the SM-BTR2 seatpost battery
+ SM-BCR2: new battery charger with micro-USB charging cable (intended for the SM-BCR2 seatpost battery)

Even with the latest firmware, I cannot charge the (old) SM-BTR1 battery via the 5-port junction. Rather, I still need to remove the SM-BTR1 battery and use the original SM-BCR1 wall charger. Not a huge deal, but I was hoping to save some time when I needed to charge...on my BMC TM01, the SM-BTR1 battery is stuffed in a secret compartment above the bottom bracket.

My road bike has the (new) SM-BTR2 seatpost battery and, as expected, the SM-BCR2 charger works perfectly on that setup.

dha

by dha

Have just upgraded to internal battery and the SM-BCR2. However when I connect the BCR2 with the e tube software I get "connect the SM-PCE1/SM-BCR2." message even though it is connected. Charges fine. Do I have a defective unit?

415brian

by 415brian

dha wrote:Have just upgraded to internal battery and the SM-BCR2. However when I connect the BCR2 with the e tube software I get "connect the SM-PCE1/SM-BCR2." message even though it is connected. Charges fine. Do I have a defective unit?

Are you running Windows in a Virtual Machine (VMWare or Parallels), e.g. on your Mac? If yes, you may need to tell your virtual machine to connect the SM-BCR2 to your Windows OS.

dha

by dha

Yeah running parallels, when I plug the BCR2 in it recognises it and asks if I want to run it in windows or mac OS. I always select the windows option.

415brian

by 415brian

dha wrote:Yeah running parallels, when I plug the BCR2 in it recognises it and asks if I want to run it in windows or mac OS. I always select the windows option.

Seems more likely a problem with parallels than the BCR2. Are you running Windows 8? I recall someone else on the forum having problems with Win8 and the Shimano software. I'm running Win7 on VMWare without issue. Could you borrow a Windows 7 machine from someone else to test?

415brian

by 415brian

Anyone know where I can order a replacement spacer for the 6770 front derailleur? The item with the red arrow below.

I'd prefer online vs. LBS (just easier). I bought a used FD for my girlfriend's build and it arrived missing the spacer.

dha

by dha

415brian wrote:
dha wrote:Yeah running parallels, when I plug the BCR2 in it recognises it and asks if I want to run it in windows or mac OS. I always select the windows option.

Seems more likely a problem with parallels than the BCR2. Are you running Windows 8? I recall someone else on the forum having problems with Win8 and the Shimano software. I'm running Win7 on VMWare without issue. Could you borrow a Windows 7 machine from someone else to test?

Win 7 as well. Going to try and find a win based computer and see if it works with that.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

http://www.bikeman.com/DP6203.html

It has article number Y5JD98030 at shimano if you want to look for it on other sites, or order it at your LBS

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

415brian

by 415brian

MisterNoChain wrote:http://www.bikeman.com/DP6203.html

It has article number Y5JD98030 at shimano if you want to look for it on other sites, or order it at your LBS

Perfect...thanks!