Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rmerka

by rmerka

You can use either one to run the etube diagnostic and programming software.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Anders3404

by Anders3404

Its a combo charger/e-tube thingy

brownish

by brownish

Fantastic. I just picked up the the internal battery setup discussed above form bike-discount.de and thought I would have to also be purchasing SM-PCE1 in order to update the firmware, turn on multi-shift and such.

Just to be clear, with SM-BCR2 I will get an E-Tube login and everything that will allow me to update the firmware, turn on multi-shift and such -- I will not need SM-PCE1.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I was told by Shimano NA that the BCR2 could do everything but perform diagnostics if something goes awry. You can update the firmware, add multishift and, of course, charge the battery. If something goes wrong with one of the components and you want to run diagnostic tests, you need the PCE1.

rmerka

by rmerka

BdaGhisallo wrote:I was told by Shimano NA that the BCR2 could do everything but perform diagnostics if something goes awry. You can update the firmware, add multishift and, of course, charge the battery. If something goes wrong with one of the components and you want to run diagnostic tests, you need the PCE1.

That is true.

Dammit

by Dammit

Bear in mind that there is no way to connect the BCR2 to the groupset if you don't purchase the junction box

vwo05

by vwo05

What seat post collars does the internal battery come with when you buy it as a stand alone item? I have a Trek Madone with the seat mast and was wondering if they came with the seat post collars depicted below that fit in the frame post. http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/01/10/closeup-look-at-shimano-dura-ace-di2-9070-internal-battery-more/

Dammit

by Dammit

The battery comes with the circlip to fit into the alloy collar which you are meat to bond into the seatpost. I've so far been unable to find anyone selling the alloy collar, however.

superb

by superb

I have one question for Shimano Ultegra Di2 users...

How it works in mudd and wet weather?
I'll use it on the cx bike.

mlchang

by mlchang

Just as an FYI...I couldn't get the E-tube software to work in Windows 8 Pro. The E-tube software requires .NET framework 3.5 only. Windows 8 is 4.5. I tried everything including compatibility mode, running as an administrator, multiple reinstalls, etc but it wouldn't work.

Installing on Windows 7 it works perfectly.

For others reading, as has been previously stated you do need the new junction boxes if you are planning on only getting the BCR2 charger and not the PCE1 diagnostic box.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Ultegra Di2 works amazing on CX bikes. I had it on one all last season with no issues what so ever. It's amazing to have a bike where shifting doesn't degrade over the course of a muddy race, or never have to replace a shift cable/housing for an entire season. Even in the worse conditions, it always shifted.

I really want to get the internal battery setup on my road and CX bikes now.

superb

by superb

Thank you @Briscoelab!

Dammit

by Dammit

Talking of CX had anyone used the CX75 disc brakes with Ultegra Di2 levers?

ms6073

by ms6073

No experience with the Ultegra 6700 shifters but last season I ran the CX75 disc brakes with DA7900 shifters with no issues.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dammit

by Dammit

Great, thanks- how would you rate them overall? They are not yet available in the UK bu I have ordered a pair from the US