Overall Ultegra Di2 6770 topic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

freeloader

by freeloader

We are using SM-EW67AE instead of EW90A as the junction. Out of the box, the connector for Battery Charger/PC Linkage Device (SM-BCR2) can only plug into EW90A/EW90B. Therefore, we have to improvise in order to charge/upgrade firmware/change configuration with SM-BCR2.

sjoerdverbraak wrote:
Kippenijzer wrote:Much faster than expected I received the remaining parts for my Ultegra 10sp Di2 group today. With many thanks to freeloaders image and instructions I am currently succesfully McGuyvering my firmware updates:
Yes, those are a clothing-pin and tin foil ;).

Can somebody explaine how this works? and what i need?

thanks

Sjoerd

Antani71

by Antani71

hello, I have a configuration like this:
SM-EW67AE
ST6770
RD6770
FD6770
SM-BTR1

if I use sm-bcr2 connected to st6770 (modified cable), I can
1) updating all the firmware?
2) choose multi-shifting function?
3)The battery must be removed to upgrade?
Thanks, sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian.
Renato

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

freeloader

by freeloader

Except internal battery SM-BTR2, i have the same setup as you. i am able to do pt. 1 and 2 without removing the batt.

Antani71 wrote:hello, I have a configuration like this:
SM-EW67AE
ST6770
RD6770
FD6770
SM-BTR1

if I use sm-bcr2 connected to st6770 (modified cable), I can
1) updating all the firmware?
2) choose multi-shifting function?
3)The battery must be removed to upgrade?
Thanks, sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian.
Renato

Antani71

by Antani71

Hello I tried to update. At the beginning everything is ok, while the upgraded 6770 sx command said "connection error". Now he must do "firmware recovery", but the program asks SM-EW90-A and I have not. I tried to connect the charger directly to the command, but always asks the SM-EW90-A!

glepore

by glepore

I'd try "lying" to the program.

BTW, beware shorts when using that frankenstein rig-lipo/li ion battery fires are no joke.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

freeloader

by freeloader

Try update the components one at a time, hope it helps.

Antani71 wrote:Hello I tried to update. At the beginning everything is ok, while the upgraded 6770 sx command said "connection error". Now he must do "firmware recovery", but the program asks SM-EW90-A and I have not. I tried to connect the charger directly to the command, but always asks the SM-EW90-A!

Antani71

by Antani71

I've already tried. but it asks me to put the SM-EW90-A. If I put the 'SM-EW67AE tells me that's not good. I deduced that if I make a single update, I do not need SM-EW90-A. If there is a problem, and should be made ​​a firmware recovery, you need the SM-EW90-A

ProEvoSLTeamHighMod

by ProEvoSLTeamHighMod

You will have problems with multishift if you can't connect more than 1 item at once as it requires battery and RD connection to enable...
BTW would strongly discourage charging external battery with mcgyver crap, as the heat management/intelligence for the external battery types resides all in the charger...

Dammit

by Dammit

Trying to update my firmware and the e-tube software is saying: Connect only one SM-BTR2 to the PC via SM-EW90/SC-S705.

And then fails.

Now, am I to assume from this, as I only have one SM-BTR2 in my setup (as does everyone, I suspect) that what Shimano mean here is "Connect only SM-BTR2 to the PC via SM-EW90/SC-705"?

Which, if correct, is a PITA as it means I need to go and get a new cable, as all mine are installed.

Antani71

by Antani71

hello, I think we should try sm PCE1

Dammit

by Dammit

What's your thinking there?

djwalker

by djwalker

For some reason when you update the battery firmware it can be the only thing attached to the programmer. When I did it I had to unplug the shifters and derailleurs from the harness. Then the error message went away and everything worked.

Dammit

by Dammit

Ah, now that's a good call- I was thinking I'd have to pull the battery, but I could just unplug everything else.

Chapeau!

Dammit

by Dammit

Firmware update happening now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rudi

by Rudi

Hi all

Very long term lurker here. I have an issue very similar to one on page 14 but not quite the same. I've a lot of respect for the knowledge on this board so thought I'd see if anyone had seen anything similar.

Using full 6770 set up on an internally wired frame (Canyon).
Looked like the battery had run out so re-charged, but still no movement at either front or rear derailleur.
Pressing a shift lever to check the charge on the junction box indicator gave no response.
Doing the crash reset worked fine, rear shifting worked and heard the slight trim of the front as well. The light on the junction box shows the correct sequence of flashes etc and will show the "indexing" light, but no action.
Have un-taped the bars and checked the shifter connections - all seems fine, but still no shifting.

The odd bit is that my girlfriend and I have the same bike, so I connected the internal wire from the bike that isn't working into the junction box of the one that is. Still nothing.

Any ideas?
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420